My new early luft sword

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My new early luft sword

HI GUYS,JUST GOT THIS TONIGHT AND WANTED TO SHOW AS ITS NICKLE AS I NEVER HAD ONE ONLY SEEN THE OTHER TYP..

N

MAKER

Comment

Luft

I need a better camera,the nickle plated blade is great the leather is fine,i just love it,,is the early one like this one more disarable?

Comment

M

B

Comment

M

BN

Comment

M

Why i the top black? Should i clean it ?and with what?thanks i think its SOLID nickle ?
            Last edited by pammy; 08-10-2010, 12:55 AM.

Comment

Nickle finish denotes early made....but i'd Leave it alone , its beautiful just as it is. You might try and find something to clean the leather with on the scabbard to bring out the color, and also protect the leather (as it looks kinds moldy), but i cant reccomend anything off hand, so someone else may know what best for the leather . BUT......It takes over 60 years to get a patina like that on a sword, and the nordic swas is actually a more copper colored , in contrast, and you may see it is missing on some of the swas's finish from someone else polishing it. So best left as is no matter how you may want to clean it. But this is what i would do, not you, the choice is yours. Even simichrome scratches microscopicly, and removes plating ever so minutely. My opinion is LIA (leave it alone) nice score on the eickhorn a tip top maker.
              Last edited by juoneen; 08-10-2010, 01:08 AM.

Comment

N

THANKS,

Comment

M

J

Comment

Luft

Hi,thanks the leather is very nice as the pictures make it look a little white in the pictures?dont know why ? But would love to know what i can safely put on it ?thanks again and you think someone did something to the swastica?the top is almost black and the cross gaurd is also its more on the top part .. THANKS AGAIN FOR THE HELP! I RE-READ AND YOU MEANT THAT OTHER PEOPLE BUFF THERE TOP PART.

Comment

Pammy,the bottom sword is how most collectors like to see a N/S Luft.I resisted the urge to clean it and am now glad that I did.
                      Attached Files

Comment

luft

thanks very nice swords!! thanks for showing,,i stink at taking pictures and my luft is black even cross gaurd when the camera flashes it takes away the look..iam trying to work this cama but cant right now?realy thanks and i will leave mine alone nice and dark looking by sword is also realy short? i guess to go with a short guy...thanks again love those swords!!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X