Airport Security Thinks It's an Edged Weapon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Airport Security Thinks It's an Edged Weapon

Many times I’ve heard collectors say, “If only that piece could talk”. At the SOS our table was next to Tink Johnson who had apparently had an arrangement with someone to buy a few pieces of AH silverware. The longer I sat and looked at these the more the little voice in me kept saying, “If only those could talk”. While I’m sure they really weren’t for sale at the show, I talked Tink into letting me have a piece. Because this is way outside my normal area, I would have been hesitant to purchase from anyone else. Anyway, I guess it’s enough of an edged weapon (at least the airport people thought so) to post here.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o></o>

<o></o>

Close up of the eagle on the handle

Ignored Due To Invisibility.

Nice looking formal pattern Dinner fork. I've been lucky enough to handle a few of these in the past. Informal and formal. I've never held the Berghof pattern or the pattern found on his train.

Comment

Holy cow, I didn't realize there were that many patterns. I was only aware of the formal and informal patterns. Probably a fork is as far as I'll ever go unless a friend decides to let go of a formal dinner napkin he has. A knife, fork, and soon would look good with a napkin.

What am I saying? This is all Skippers fault. I had no interest in these what so ever until he started talking about them at the SOS. Now here I am talking about a place setting. I'm getting as bad as Gary!
      Ignored Due To Invisibility.

Comment

I've handled the informal napkins and tablecloths.

The informal and formal silverware, linen, etc,. are the most common patterns. I'm lucky as I live near a Third Reich Personality collector and have been able to hold some rare pieces belonging to A.H., Goring, Ribbontrop, etc,. I was taken back handling alot of these items...
        I passed up the opportunity a few days ago to buy the spoon matching yours, it's really a sideline interest of mine (like so many other pieces of History)...

Comment

Hi,

First time iv'e seen a post on these on the forum are their many members with this type of silverware ,i have 2 large items 1 AH and 1 other.will take some photo's
          Merdock

Comment

I thought this pretty convincing from Allach. You know how many photos it took before I got it right?
            Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X