Strange Tiger Bayonet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange Tiger Bayonet

Pick this up at a gun show today. It has a very short finger guard. It is between a Pioneer style and a standard crossguard. It is marked Tiger Solengen. This style isn't picture in either of the Bayonet books I have so thanks for any information. Kirby
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

The finger guard has been broken off and the remaining part smoothed over. Not a factory modification.

Comment

Hello It looks like it was made this way. Someone did a very good job of smoothing it out . Still got it a a good price and it has a 1942 dated frog. Thanks Kirby

Comment

Kirby,

I'd have to agree with George on this one, looks like a post factory modification in all likelihood to "fix" a broken crossguard. I have one by Pack that's nearly identical, bought it for the grip plates & hung onto it.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy G View Post
              Kirby,

I'd have to agree with George on this one, looks like a post factory modification in all likelihood to "fix" a broken crossguard. I have one by Pack that's nearly identical, bought it for the grip plates & hung onto it.
              I had one like that too, I agree crossguard was broken.

Comment

The frog looks like for combat SG84/98 bayonet.

Comment

I agree. Broken cross guard that was very carefully rounded off. This could only have been done because all the plating was missing .

Bill

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X