SS RZM 1051 maaker question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS RZM 1051 maaker question

Hello, I have my doubts about this marking, just doesnt seem right. All comments appreciated. Best, Bill
    Attached Files
    Last edited by hs132; 08-07-2010, 03:19 PM.

Attached Files

Comment

Check for the "kissing cranes" on the tang, if they are there, it is a good sign (but not a proof). The logo looks correct, but these RZM Klaas daggers are being faked in Czech, so I'm always carefull when I see this maker. I would expect different grip shape here, this one doesn't look like other late Klaas grips known to me. It would be interesting to see the motto as well. It's hard to tell anything for 100% without "hands on" examination, but there is something strange about the handle IMHO.

Comment

Hello, thank you very much for the help. Will get another look at it tomarrow. The technique of the RZM numbering just looks superficial and rough. Best, Bill

Comment

Hello, a few more pics but Im now of the belief its a post war parts piece. Thanks, Bill
          Attached Files

Comment

Wrong motto for this RZM-Piece.

Grip and SS-chip looks post war also.

Regards,

Comment

It doesn't look like the motto is plumb to the blade. Check out the loops in the e's.

Comment

Hello, thanks for the help. It just didnt seem right . Best, Bill

Comment

Marks were a little off on this type, as look at the rzm its not perfectly in the middle, as i have a 1051 38, and the minor differences are maybe the ones have tops, and the 7's have hooks on the ends with a curved bottom end. . They may fake em, but Of course id like to see clearer shots of the handle , as it may have been replaced , but the original 38 i have is more off on the front enscription than this one. Anybody have a 39 1051 to compare makers marks to? I can post the 38, but i'm not sure they couldn't have varied somewhat. That would be interesting to check. Even the enscription matches very closely. Ill see if ic an get photos .
                  Last edited by juoneen; 08-11-2010, 01:16 AM.

Comment

Comment

Differences in 7's 5, 1 has tops on this one, and the 3 are rounded , but we have seen medals makers round 3's on marks and have it accepted. ...here's the emblems on the handle to compare as i believe the handle is replaced with a later handle, and as stated possibly post war ss emblem.
                      Last edited by juoneen; 08-11-2010, 02:05 AM.

Comment

Comment

This one starts up a little higher, then drops a little lower at the end, but still an original, so im not so sure about that argument, but if we had another original 39 that would clinch it.

Comment

from higher up on the left

Comment

to lower on the right.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X