Weimar Clamshell Police Dress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weimar Clamshell Police Dress

Here's another one I'm hoping to learn what I can about since I'm clueless on blades.

An attractive dress bayonet in very nice condition. I know little of the Weimar era stuff although I'm on a roll today trying to find examples similar to this to learn what I can. Anything anyone can share to enlighten me a bit more would be greatly appreciated.
    Attached Files

I'm guessing the markings are some kind of unit reference. I've googled it but come up empty. Hoping someone might know.

Thanx in advance for your insight & comments.

RC
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi Rick, Your Weimar-era clamshell police dress bayonet was made by Alsco, a well-known Solingen dagger manfacturer. Its full name was that of Alexander Coppel Solingen. I easily recognized its logo- scales on the ricasso of the this police bayonet. I think that your Weimar-era police bayonet was geunine. I dont see many police dress bayonets from Weimar very often. The matching unit markings on bayonet's hilt and on the scabbard may be a specific city police unit but I dont know where the particular police unit was located. I am sure that fellow WAF members will chip in with info for the police unit markings. Hope this info helps! Thanks! James

Comment

Very nice Weimar era clamshell! The markings should translate as (S.E.)Erfurt district of Prussia,(I)unit or centuria 1, (305) weapon nomber 305.

Hope this helps,
        Jim

Comment

Huge help! Very much appreciate the information.

I'm having trouble finding similar unit marked sidearms using google. Are these uncommon?

RC

Comment

Specifically, this is a M1929 Prussian Police Service Bayonet issued to the Schutzpolizei that was use into the III Reich era. They were not converted until after June 1936, so it is not exclusively a Weimar era bayonet. These unmodified versions are not as common as the converted blades that still retain their unit markings. If you have an interest in this material, this web site and the book therein are for you.

http://www.historywritinsteel.com/

Comment

Hello
              This is a superb bayonet...!!!
              On this website you can find information about Polizei markings : http://www.radix.net/~bbrown/police_unit_marks.html

Best regards
              Alain from Paris

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X