Help Please with this Estand HJ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help Please with this Estand HJ

I really like this Arthur Schuttlehoffer HJ, but I have not seen this variation of leather hanger before. One of the leather straps stops short just below the rivet and does not extend all the way down to the scabbard. However, it looks like it was made that way and is proper. I've owned a number of HJ knives but other forum members have seen far more than I have and I appreciate your comments and opinions. Has anyone encountered this style HJ leather before?

Thanks in advance!
    Attached Files

William, the leather hanger is 100% period, no need to worry about this hj knife its a real nice peice for little money imo.

Comment

Thank you Scott! It looked good to me. It's just always nice to get the thumbs up from someone who's seen a bunch. I even wondered if the maker had a piece of leather left that was just a tad short, and thought "hey, it's just for a kid anyway" . After all, we've all read how money conscious the Germans were in the day!

Comment

Originally posted by William J View Post
        Thank you Scott! It looked good to me. It's just always nice to get the thumbs up from someone who's seen a bunch. I even wondered if the maker had a piece of leather left that was just a tad short, and thought "hey, it's just for a kid anyway" . After all, we've all read how money conscious the Germans were in the day!
        William, this could be the case as the germans used up any peice of leather the had when stuff was in short supply during WW2, hope you buy the hj its a bargain , heres a similar peice
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Mac 66; 08-04-2010, 08:32 AM.

Comment

First time i notice this leather thing. But it seems to be fine and there are more like proofed by Mac 66.

Regards, Wim
          Freedom is not for Free

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X