Presentation SAs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Presentation SAs

I have several Presentation SAs that I bought in motel buys through out the 1980s and early 1990s. Unfortunately, not enough detail in these photos from the other day, so I will only show a couple where your can actually see the inscription. I have many with crossguard or scabbard engravings (mine are period and real doubtors) and all from veterans that I have saved over the years. All were bought in the $75 to $125 range when this is what I was buying regular SAs for at the time.
    Attached Files

Europameister 1934 What is a Europameister?
    Attached Files

Comment

SA Bodyguard Munchen: Treue um Treue Strum 2 L engraved on crossguard lower crossguard front. Has anyone else seen one of these from the SA Hitler Bodyguard from Munic??
      Attached Files

Comment

Karl Hellige engraved on front crossguard. Reverse upper scabbard fitting engraved as a present to this man by a Pioneer SA Battl.
        Attached Files

Comment

Great SA's

Comment

nice dedication on an extremly rare sa maker. never saw a schlieper before!!

Comment

That's why I show the reverse on that dagger. A hard maker and with inscription in great condition. A wonderful combination. I love those early SAs.

Comment

Ron, you make people jealous.

Comment

Superb SAs Ron

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Weinand View Post
                    ... All were bought in the $75 to $125 range ...
                    $75 to $125 ... those were the days

Thank you for showing these rarities

Comment

Very very nice, Ron! These are so hard to find, and were even back in the 60s.
                      Erich
                      Festina lente!

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Weinand View Post
                        What is a Europameister?
                        It means a European Champion. Can you supply a close up of the text and a name if possible please.

Comment

Inscription reads: Dem Europameister gew/von SA Strum 21/53

Comment

The only thing that seems to fit is the 1934 European Aquatics Championships that were held on the 12–19 August 1934 in Magdeburg.

From these Championships, Germany won 6 gold medal however 3 of these were by women. So the remaining 3 possibilities are as follows:-

Leo Esser (3 m springboard) born February 17, 1907 in Düsseldorf. Competed in the 1932 and 1936 Olympics.
                            Hermann Stork (10 m highboard) born August 30, 1911 in Gießen, Hessen. Competed in the 1936 Olympics, he won the bronze medal.
                            Erwin Sietas (200 m breaststroke) born 24 July 1910 in Cranz, Hamburg. Competed in the 1928, 1932 and 1936 Olympics, won a silver medal in 1936.

I will do some more digging.
                            Last edited by David Fettes; 07-14-2010, 10:16 AM. Reason: Found places of birth

Comment

Erwin Sietas on the left.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                              X