No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello all,
    I have been asked along with Skip to moderate this forum.
    So let me tell you something about myself and my collecting addiction.

I started around 13 years ago, ( Back when they were cheap ), i couldn't really afford the daggers back then. I decided i wanted to get into these, so i beggged a few collectors to tell me a little about the German Daggers. After about 2 hours at a show i found my very first German dagger ( Eickhorn Army ). I bought it for 125.00 and i still have it today. As time went on, i was able to buy more and more. I know this sounds like everyone's collecting story, but there is a twist. Well anyway, i ended my first year with 4 daggers. I realized i would grow very old before i had a collection. What i decided to do was buy-n-sell !. What i found at the time was " Lodge " swords were selling for 20 - 25 dollars each, well i went to a antique show the followning Saturday and found thewy sold them for 100 plus. Starting the next week i bought all i could find. well 5 years later i had a personnal collection of over 500 swords , i know i sold over 500 during this time also.
    While doing all this i manage to get a nice 60 dagger collection going. Around 1998 i sold my collection os swords to a collector in England and then devoted all my collecting to daggers.

During my 13 years, i have bought and sold over 1200 daggers, and i have today a collection of over 300 daggers. I don't care for anyone style, except " REAL ". I collect Dress daggers of all nations, not just German daggers.

If anyone has any questions please feel free to email me. I will get back to you usually under 24 hours.,

Last thing, I have my own website ( Reference Only ) for Dagger Collecting. www.worlddaggers.com
    There will be over 500 daggers on this site when im finished with it. So please send any dagger and text you might wish to have published

Thanks for reading all this

Bob
    Last edited by Bob Rodgers; 04-30-2002, 08:19 PM.

Welcome Bob, I look forward to you sharing your collection and experience with us.

Seba
    Sebastián J. Bianchi

Wehrmacht-Awards.com

Comment

New Day

Hello, thanks for the chance to help on this site. i will enjoy spreading the knowledge, and friendship .

Bob

Comment

A heartfelt welcome Bob! You have a bunch of clean slates here, and I know I am ready to learn!!

Accidentally offending people on the internet since 1997

Comment

I'm glad that this has been added I do not know anything about this topic but am bustin at the seams to learn. I have held many daggers but don't know enough to tell that any of them were real. I have even held some that I was told were fake and I couldn't tell how...scary . I am looking forward to learning from those who know.
          Last edited by Greg S; 04-30-2002, 08:38 PM.
          Greg

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good.

Comment

Dagger Basic's

Basic rules of Dagger Collecting

1. Buy the Books first and read them 5 times
            2. Buy only from Sellers/Deallers with a great name and return policy
            3. Buy the best you can afford at the time.
            4. Plan your collecting ( army dagger, hangers, porteppe )
            5. Never forget to re-read the books!

Thats a start for the new dagger collector

P.S. Or send me detailed pics, and text and i will gladly help

Comment

Hi Bob,

Wanted to welcome you to the forum. I will post my Luft 2nd pattern some time this weekend for discussion so I can learn a little myself.

Comment

I would like to join in here by extending a warm welcome to all who visit the forum and a big "thank-you" to Seba and all concerned for extending to me the opportunity to be a moderator for this forum. I will get another post in later today with more information on me and my experience in the hobby, etc.

Off to work...got to make money so I can buy more 'stuff'!

Best to all - can't wait to get back to you

Skip

Comment

Bob, Skip..Welcome!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X