Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

troddel Polizei?

Hello,

I am a new member....I did'nt do my best at school so my english is maybe what crappy...
    This is not yet my quistion; I have bought a troddel ( how do you call it?) from a man who doesn't collect WW2 items but he tought its a polizei troddel...

Now I must say that this is my first troddel..portepee?...gehange..and its not wehrmacht that I do know.

Is there anyone who can indentify it for me?......and what such a thing may cost?

Picture included is the only one yet...

Hope you can help me,

Greetings from Drenthe, jacob

Originally posted by jacob77
    Hello,

I am a new member....I did'nt do my best at school so my english is maybe what crappy...
    This is not yet my quistion; I have bought a troddel ( how do you call it?) from a man who doesn't collect WW2 items but he tought its a polizei troddel...

Now I must say that this is my first troddel..portepee?...gehange..and its not wehrmacht that I do know.

Is there anyone who can indentify it for me?......and what such a thing may cost?

Picture included is the only one yet...

Hope you can help me,

Greetings from Drenthe, jacob

Better had used white letters I now see.........sorry

Comment

Not a police portepee.

Looks more like early SS type.

But there are MANY COPIES of these around, and the picture is not good.

Comment

I will make some better pictures when i'm able to,and even if it is a copy...is 30 euro overpriced?...

Thanks anyway for you're help on this matter

Greetings from Drenthe,

Jacob

Comment

I can't tell from the photos, is it green or black?
          Ignored Due To Invisibility.

Comment

Jacob,

If the portepee is original, 30 Euro is a good price. We need better photos and amybe we can be of more help.

Best wishes and welcome to the hobby!
            Skip

Snigley for Co-Moderator in 2004!

Comment

It is black Snigley...and I will make better pictures soon as I can.

Jacob from Drenthe

Comment

THis one I made with the scanner.....my camera is kaputt.. hope one can see now what it is the lines are black and not green,looks like there are silverlines running threw the ribbon.

Jacob

Comment

Hi Jacob, looks like an SS knot to me too. At 30 Euros you have not been robbed. You cannot even buy a copy at that price. Have you black - lighted the knot? Most modern fakes/repalcements will glow on some part of the construction.

Here is a link you might find useful:

http://www.johnsonreferencebooks.com/cataloguemain.html

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

From the scan, it just looks "too new"...most likely a reproduction, but even the current reproductions sell for roughly twice the 30 Euro you paid. If it is an original, in that condition I would say you did very well.

Best,
                    Skip

Comment

Ade ? I have emailed Johnson and waiting for a answer,and It could be a fake but is a very good piece and maybe its an unwear item?..
                      Jacob

Comment

If you slightly separate the threads on the acorn and blacklight the material underneath, you'll probably have an answer to your question. Most reproduction knots glow under the acorn threads while most originals do not. Just from the appearance, I'd lean towards it being a reproduction.
                        Ignored Due To Invisibility.

Comment

I Finally know what kind of troddel this is!!!!!!!!!!

ORIGINAL UNATTRIBUTED POLICE SWORD KNOTS. THESE KNOTS ARE 100% ORIGINAL WAR TIME PRODUCTION. THESE WERE PROBABLY PROPOSED POLICE SWORD KNOTS. TOM JOHNSON AND I ACTUALLY BOUGHT A THIRD REICH POLICE NCO SWORD FROM A VET ONCE WITH ONE OF THESE KNOTS ATTACHED. GREAT RPICE AND LOOK GREAT ON SS SWORDS IF YOU DON'T FEEL LIKE SPENDING SEVERAL HUNDRED DOLLARS ON AN SS KNOT. $60

With thanks to www.gdmmilitaria.com

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X