german fighting knife

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

german fighting knife

What are you guys opinions on the german knife? Look legit? Its coming from a pacific vets family. He has mostly japanese items, but there are a few german items sprinkled in which i found strange. thanks!
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

I would say it is a common knife in a fighting knife scabbard that could have been used as a fighting knife.

Comment

Are there any marks on the blade ?

Knive´s like this were private purchased in WWI.

They were´nt such useful or "handy" in combat, but in photo-studio´s, wearing on the belt, they´re looking pretty martial ...

Please, show a better image of the backside of the scabbard, OK ?

Comment

hi,
          its sellers photos. ill see about getting more

Comment

fighting knife

I have owned, and still have several of those type German Stag grip knives.
            Maybe it is just me, but I have never seen one in a scabbard like that. It looks
            more like a scabbard to a WWI trench knife (the type with the wooden grips), or boot knife. But of all the stag grip knives like this I have seen are in leather scabbards. Either way, they are both German types (knife and scabbard) and most likely private purchase.
            Could some one correct me if I am wrong.
            Jack

Comment

Originally posted by dolchmann07 View Post
              I have owned, and still have several of those type German Stag grip knives.
              Maybe it is just me, but I have never seen one in a scabbard like that. It looks
              more like a scabbard to a WWI trench knife (the type with the wooden grips), or boot knife. But of all the stag grip knives like this I have seen are in leather scabbards. Either way, they are both German types (knife and scabbard) and most likely private purchase.
              Could some one correct me if I am wrong.
              Jack
              You are not wrong, these knives were often carried in the Lederhosen as a utility knife. You are also correct that these are usually encountered in a leather sheath with a silver or nickel silver throat and tip. I also believe that you are correct, that the sheath shown here, (without seeing the reverse), is from a WW I fighting knife.
              I too have several of this type of knife.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X