Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NSKK Dagger - What do you think

Hi folks

Here is a NSKK dagger that looks the part but for the reverse handle which has an addition. What do you think? I have been offered this for sale but I'm just not sure about the added badge.

All comments welcome
    Attached Files
    Collecting NSDAP collar tabs
    Kupuję medale i odznaki z Polskie sily Zbrojne Na Zachodzie 1939/47 - Polish Army in Exile badges
    Seeking Soldbuch or any information relating to Dr. Werner Zwingelberg

and some more pics
    Attached Files
    Kupuję medale i odznaki z Polskie sily Zbrojne Na Zachodzie 1939/47 - Polish Army in Exile badges

Comment

is this a big red flag?
      Attached Files

Comment

SA, from the pictures, looks good, but the badge is added by somebody else then the factory. But it would be very hard to say when was done, could be period too.

Comment

Agreed, probably a period addition, but there is no way to be 100% sure.
          Has the scabbard been refinished?

Comment

Thanks so much guys that is great advice.

In view of the fact that the period of the NSKK badge addition is not certain what would you say is a good price for this dagger?

Many thanks

James

Comment

looks like the scabbard has been sanded down to the bare metal. It will affect the value. It's hard to say from the pics but the blade might have been polished as well.

Comment

It appears that the scabbard is original blued finish.

Comment

The addition looks well done, but I am doubting it was period done.
                  Unauthorized, it would be considered defacing, and we all know there were strict rules as to what can be worn by whom.
                  Without seeing the motto or shots of the tip ect, I would say $400 low, $600 high for this altered piece.

Comment

it should be anodized not blued. I think it has been reworked.

Comment

the scabbard has been worked and i dont like the nskk put on the reverse of that grip , i know that the gruppe mark is correct for kober but is the grip correct for this maker or is there any variance in the grips by this maker ???
                      Last edited by SLIM; 05-22-2010, 03:54 AM.

Comment

another pic of the scabbard that may help
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by JamesT; 05-22-2010, 11:48 AM.

Comment

This scabbard looks 'worked on' to me with steel wool? its not bad but not original finish either, blade appears polished as well and the NSKK eagle while looking period and all is a bit off putting to me. At 4-500 this would be a decent purchase but I wouldn't pay any more than that.

Comment

I'm sorry, but it seems to me the dagger has replaced grip. The shape of the grip is not the Kober style. The NSKK eagle could have been added by the original owner, who knows. Actually the only one who knows is the guy who has added the eagle.

Comment

Originally posted by 777 View Post
                              I'm sorry, but it seems to me the dagger has replaced grip. The shape of the grip is not the Kober style. The NSKK eagle could have been added by the original owner, who knows. Actually the only one who knows is the guy who has added the eagle.
                              it seems 777 agrees with me about the grip as i said 4 posts down ..that grip looked strange on a kober and is not the usual kober style and had me worried straight away . save your cash for 100% example

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X