Price for a KM sword

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Price for a KM sword

I am looking to maybe buy a KM sword and would like an idea on prices. I have not found one yet, I am just trying to get an idea of what I can expect to pay for a good to mint condition KM sword. Any help is appreciated.
    Imperial German Medalbars and Ribbonbars

Originally posted by Paul Chepurko View Post
    I am looking to maybe buy a KM sword and would like an idea on prices. I have not found one yet, I am just trying to get an idea of what I can expect to pay for a good to mint condition KM sword. Any help is appreciated.
    I think there is one on the estand with ivory handle but the blade was sharpened I think the price was 1200. The ones I saw were in 1200 to 1800 range, but you do not see to many for sale.

Comment

Also, there are quite a few recent fake KM swords floating around at the moment. Some have been convincingly aged. So be careful in your selection.

Comment

Good advice. Some of these guys doing the “aging” have really sharpened their skills. FP

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Chepurko View Post
          If looking for a standard plain blade , expect to pay $1500- $2000 for something very nice.
          If you want a triple engraved blade with swaz flags and again something very nice , $4000- $5000.

Comment

Thank you
            Imperial German Medalbars and Ribbonbars

Comment

I agree with the prices. They fluctuate of course based on condition.

As Schutzpolizei said, there are quite a few reproduction KM swords making their way around. There is even one on eBay as we speak.

They have been getting better and an unexperienced collector could easily get burned on these fake KM pieces. As stated, some have a false patina which is quite convincing to the unexperienced. I suspect they're using the sulfur meathod to induce the false patina.

If interested, I can post photos of the various fake KM swords that have hit the market in the last 3 or 4 years.

Tom
              Last edited by SwordFish; 05-19-2010, 05:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SwordFish View Post
                I agree with the prices. They fluctuate of course based on condition.

As Schutzpolizei said, there are quite a few reproduction KM swords making their way around. There is even one on eBay as we speak.

They have been getting better and an unexperienced collector could easily get burned on these fake KM pieces. As stated, some have a false patina which is quite convincing to the unexperienced. I suspect they're using the sulfur meathod to induce the false patina.

If interested, I can post photos of the various fake KM swords that have hit the market in the last 3 or 4 years.

Tom

Tom,
                I would like to see them, if you do not mind.
                regards Rajko

Comment

I have quite a few image files of repros. I'll email them to whoever contacts me via PM. Be sure to include a working email addy that can host photo attachments.

In the future we may want to think about starting a thread listing the various repro KMs which are or have been in circulation. It would make a good read and a good reference for collectors.

t

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X