Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WK&C Imperial Sword w/ Odd Unit Mark?

Hey y'all:

Any ideas as to what this sword represents? I assume Imperial Era, and the little emblem on the other side of the WK&C mark is for a unit of sorts?

Blade is just over 30 1/2 inches long, kind of a "plane Jane" sword other than that mark.

Not my "thing", so I have no cule on it!

Thanks,
    Skip
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

/

/
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello I have two of these. I dont know about the unit mark. But I was told they are 1836 Austrian infantry sabres. Best regards.

Comment

I don't have an immediate recollection of seeing the marking on the obverse, but to me it looks to me like an Imperial era Bavarian Infantry Officer's Saber which has a brass hilt. The similar looking Austrian 1861 Infantry officer's saber has a steel hilt not brass. With usually a single wire wrap on the grip. FP

Comment

I see no unit mark but it is for sure a Bavarian Infantry sword.

Comment

Originally posted by Frogprince View Post
              I don't have an immediate recollection of seeing the marking on the obverse, but to me it looks to me like an Imperial era Bavarian Infantry Officer's Saber which has a brass hilt. The similar looking Austrian 1861 Infantry officer's saber has a steel hilt not brass. With usually a single wire wrap on the grip. FP
              I would agree with FP about this one it looks exactly like Austrian 1861 Infantry officer's saber, except for brass hilt. But half of Europe used this sword for their militaries. We (Serbians) used this one in our army, too.
              If you can measure the sword: Lenght of the blade should be 79.5 cm, W. 2.4cm, and total length 93.5 cm. If it is same size, then it is probably Austrian sword used in some other army (which would explain the mark on the blade), and they replace the hilt to make it theirs.
              I hope this helps.
              regards Rajko

Comment

Thanks

I appreciate the input! Still kind of mistery of sorts. Anyhow, it's going to the e-stand.

Thanks to all,
                Skip

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X