No announcement yet.

Hittlers Dagger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is an original photo postcard that gives one of the better views of his dagger.
    Attached Files

Comment

detail
      Attached Files

Comment

Look what A.H. is wearing above his swastika armband - the italian fasci symbol. It confirms my theory about demonstrating the german-italian friendship.

Comment

Nice pics guys that just what i wanted to see. Is there any proof that he ever wore a german dagger?

Comment

No

jL

Comment

Originally posted by Viewfinder View Post
              Here is an original photo postcard that gives one of the better views of his dagger.
              Both Mussolini and Hitler were at Corporal rank in WW1.
              So, During the fascist era, in the MVSN hierarchy a new top rank was created just for him : the 'First Honour Corporal', equivalent to Marshal of Italy in the Army, just a step under the King rank who was 'Empire Marshal'.
              That dagger (a model 37 with ivory grips) was a gift from Mussolino to Hitler just to equalize his own rank.
              Last edited by joelabrendola; 04-08-2010, 11:56 AM.

Comment

"The Hitler Albums" by Bender Publishing shows the variety of pomp and uniform goodies during the State visit from an official album of the event. A lot of Eagle Orders flew during the visit also to the Italians. I believe it was the first time certain Diplo uniforms/daggers were worn as well (?)

Comment

Here is another Hoffmann photo postcard of his dagger in wear.

jL
                  Attached Files

Comment

detail
                    Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X