Hittlers Dagger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hittlers Dagger

I was watching military history channel today and saw Hittler wearing a dagger. Does anyone have any idea what it is? I never realy looked or paid any atention to him wearing a dagger before. Have any of you seen him before wearing one? Love to see some good pictures of him wearing one,and what would it be if you guessed. I would think a diplomat or maybe a heer it had a troddel also.

Hi

The Only Official photo Ever of Hitler Wearing a Dagger was from the State Visit with Mussolini and it was the Italian Leaders dagger.Hitler supposedly Never wore a German Dagger so he would not offend any one particular Group or Service,Not sure if that was True but it sounded Plausible.

TOM

Comment

That could have been what i saw now i think they were in Italy. Did el dolche give him a dagger as a present or a sign of good will? So he never wore one because it would show favorites sounds good but didnt he always show favorites anyway?

Comment

I think it was a State Present from Him to Hitler.Hitler had his Favorites for sure but He needed the whole team to play Nice : )

Comment

So it would have been a Italan dagger and not German? Wounder were that ended up bet he didnt keep it long what do you think?

Comment

In this video you can see Hitler with his italian dagger

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FP0vF0Lw3Cw

Comment

Originally posted by busterz111 View Post
              Hi

The Only Official photo Ever of Hitler Wearing a Dagger was from the State Visit with Mussolini and it was the Italian Leaders dagger.Hitler supposedly Never wore a German Dagger so he would not offend any one particular Group or Service,Not sure if that was True but it sounded Plausible.

TOM
              Seems weird, the notion of Hitler worried about offending anyone, so un-PC he was, but that does sound likely at least part of the reason.
              Too, since he was above it all in so many ways, and seems by nature not at all given to gaudiness, he was always content with the bare accoutrements earned in WW1, and wearing a dagger would have clashed with the sentiments & image, and might have ruffled some feathers of other services.

Comment

i really like the design of those italian daggers and tom i think you are right as well !

Comment

Unlike Göring or Himmler, Der Führer wasn't interested in edged weapons or wearing fancy decorations of any type, he was ascetic type of guy. He wore once the italian dagger during the friendly visit simply not to make El Duce and the rest of the lads sorry.

Comment

Hitler personally thought of Goering as an ostentatious fat pig who ate fat pig. Hence the Goering daggers, tabs, etc., but for Hitler, virtually a brown blazer adorned with a few medals that many WW1 vets at the time wore around.

Comment

Everyone recognized that Hitler & Goering were diametric opposites when it came to style, tastes, vanity & flamboyance, and both played their respective styles off masterly to the world at large.

Comment

I would think Hittler being into all that symboils and stuff would of liked somekind of accounterment maybe a feildmarshalls baton. By the way does anyone know if there are any fieldmarshalls batons in a private collection?

Comment

Originally posted by blitzkrieg gsd View Post
                          By the way does anyone know if there are any fieldmarshalls batons in a private collection?
                          There's plenty. If you did a Google search, you may likely see some originals pictured.

Comment

Wow wounder what the price was on the last one sold? cant be to many of them i would like to have Rommels what would be the ultimate collectable for me anyway. You know if you had one the storys they could tell from being in the same room with all those big shots makeind decisions.

Comment

hi lads,i saw a documentry once called hitler a career, he was wearing a dagger in the one clip, i dont think it was an italian dagger? but i dont know what it was, lampstation.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X