Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hilfe bitte! Personalized Heer Dagger

Alles
    Just rec'd a nice Puma Heer dagger complete with original hangers and portapee. The reverse of the cross guard has nice gothic inscription of original owners intials: "W.v.B" with the 'v' smaller as in Von.

Soooo... wondering what the chances are that I might actually be able to trace the original owner. Yes, I've ruled out Werner Von Braun

I know from my time at the National Archives that SS officer records are readily available but I havent ever researched Heer officers and I dont think NARA has those records?

Dagger is real and so is the engraving so no concerns there. Just hoping I can link the dagger to a person, "famous" or not.

Thanks

NARA does have army officer records but not all of them so they will be of no help with the ID. The problem doing the ID is that there is not complete list out there. The dagger could have belonged to a regular officer or to a reserve officer of which there is not list.
    Imperial German Medalbars and Ribbonbars

Comment

Well, I'm sure you'll find long list of officers with matching initials W.v.B. Walther von Brauchitsch is one of them GOOD LUCK!

Comment

Ahem, yeaaah thats what I meant to say, its the dagger of Walther V. Brauchitsch... thats the ticket!

Well, I guess there is no way to ever know for sure who had it. Poor thing was polished/cleaned so hard it actually had parts of the scabbard worn down. They must have used a buffing wheel to get all that "dirt" off...

Thanks guys

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X