1936 HJ Dagger W/ N.S. sports eagle with the Olympic rings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1936 HJ Dagger W/ N.S. sports eagle with the Olympic rings

This is a tiny Fahrtenmesser or Hitler Youth knife. It is much smaller than the usual encountered H.J. weapon and was produced for a presentation gift to the young people from the N.S. Youth Organization. Has stag grips. Blade has crowned bear of the city (Berlin) and the N.S. sports eagle with the Olympic rings. The saying "Zum Ruhme des Sports zur Ehre des Vaterlandes" is reminiscent of the actual spirit of these 1936 games. It means: "The Glory of Sports is the Honor of the Fatherland." This knife was produced by Emil Voos of Solingen. Overall very good condition.

I tried to pull picture but site must have them secured. Anyone have a clue to the value? I seen on the site 1200-3000 USD?

I am sorry to say that one of the multiple kinds of postwar fakes made using small aluminum hilted hiking knives is one that seems to be the same as you describe. If you search the internet I think you will find multiple discussions of these knives. I also know that I’ve seen some dealers ask for a fair amount of money for them - not that it makes them legitimate Third Reich artifacts. FP

Comment

Originally posted by Frogprince View Post
      I am sorry to say that one of the multiple kinds of postwar fakes made using small aluminum hilted hiking knives is one that seems to be the same as you describe. If you search the internet I think you will find multiple discussions of these knives. I also know that I’ve seen some dealers ask for a fair amount of money for them - not that it makes them legitimate Third Reich artifacts. FP
      Thank you Frogprince! I am still in the process of learning about fakes. Seems it is going to take me many years to learn enough to get around. Thanks to people like you, and others here sure does help. Thanks again...David

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
      X