• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

please help me

please help me!!!!
    authentic HJ messer or Remember GI?

thank s for your message

It looks like a very good reproduction to me.Why would a HJ member write Germany in English, Also it should have a motto on the blade or an RZM number on the blade.There are other reasons for doubt but one red flag is enough

Comment

I don't think it's a reproduction as much as it might be a legitimately produced postwar scout type knife. The Hubertus brand has been seen on a number of legitimately produced but postwar boy scout type knives which makes me think this is a postwar item as opposed to a reproduction. From the pics, it looks like the HJ emblem might have been added subsequent to manufacture because of what looks like glue residue around the edges. The personalization would likely be to a vet.

Comment

salut sans probleme ton couteau est après guerre, ce fabricant est connu.
        surement pour les scouts et modifié pour faire un hj plus vendable
        karl

Comment

I agree I think it is postwar scout knife.

Comment

My 2 cents: "Terry, Ulm Germany" is definitely somethimg to do with GI, not with Hitler Youth.
            The HJ diamond looks original, someone has replaced the fleur-de-lys symbol with it.
            Scabbard is of the same construction as scabbards made before 1945 - no throat, magnetic (I guess).
            The blade, i.e. logo is what reveals post war production. No NS daggers were made by Kuno Ritter under the brand name HUBERTUS.

Comment

I sold this knife awhile back... It did NOT!!! have the HJ diamond in the grip... It is of course a post war scout knife. What a LOW thing to do !!! Regards: James

Comment

Originally posted by Billy G View Post
                I don't think it's a reproduction as much as it might be a legitimately produced postwar scout type knife. The Hubertus brand has been seen on a number of legitimately produced but postwar boy scout type knives which makes me think this is a postwar item as opposed to a reproduction. From the pics, it looks like the HJ emblem might have been added subsequent to manufacture because of what looks like glue residue around the edges. The personalization would likely be to a vet.
                I believe Billy nailed it.

-wagner-

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X