Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with an EM Dress Bayonet

Gentlemen,

This is my first dress bayo and i have some questions. I have seen felt plugs before, but never green. Also, i have never seen this maker mark. Is it in fact a German Dress Bayo? Any help is appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Sincerely,

Jeremiah
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Hi.The green plug is for jager .I have gone through my limitted ref books trying to find the Hertra trade mark,but so far no luck.
            John.

Comment

The maker's mark is correct for Hertra- Qualitat, not a common maker to find, congrats!

Comment

This dress bayonet was made by Pack and (E. Pack & Sohn). The Hertra mark is a distributor, not a manufacturer.

Comment

Gentlemen,

Thank you very much for your help!

Sincerely,

Jeremiah

Comment

Could you post a pic of the back of the frog?, does it look like like it has had its felt backing removed (heer)?. is there a stitch running across the back of the belt loop maybe 2-3cms from the top?, reason why i ask , your frog looks to have the same dimensions and tone to a frog that i have that was once felt backed !

Comment

Wow

Indeed a Pack-produced piece in a great shape! I would love to have one like this in my collection. Just a bit of a shame the scabbard shows so much paint loss. All in all, a great example of a long dress bayonet :-)

JAN

Comment

hey jan , thought i'd come over here to waf lol, i've got a pack on its way i'll post some pics on gd, i'll also have a camera to take better shots of all my collection (they deserve it )

Comment

My pack Nco bayonet has a Green felt plug , was this standard practice with this maker?

Comment

Reverse
                            Attached Files

Comment

Rob,

Green felt plugs were nothing exclusive to Pack or any other maker, they were merely an indicator of what branch the bayonet owner belonged to. Green generally signified jager troops but also had a Polizei affiliation too if I'm not mistaken.

This is a very nice looking bayonet with a very scarce distributor marking, very desirable to maker mark collectors.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X