Engraved Dress Bayonet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Engraved Dress Bayonet

I thought I would share this blade since it has been sitting in storage for about ten years. Can anyone help me with what is engraved on the blade? Any help would be great!

Thanks,
    Eric
    Attached Files
    I once flew in a B-17, B-24, & a B-25. Next, I want to fire an 88 round.

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

One more question, is this an NCO's Knot?
            Thanks Again,
            Eric
            Attached Files

Comment

Hi Eric,

The motto, roughly translated, states "In Memory of my Servicetime". This is an accepted pattern that's been seen on Dan Pet. Krebs pieces before. Plain by some standards but nevertheless beautiful in it's simplicity IMO. Something I don't think you'd have trouble selling were you to do so, a scarce pattern not often seen.

One thing that's very nice about this example is that the pommel looks to retain it's full plating. A very common trait of Dan Pet. Krebs' bayonets is poor plating on the hilts.

As far as the knot goes, I believe it's a Heer NCO knot but don't quote me.

Comment

Thanks Billy G! I appreciate the info.

Eric

Comment

Could some also tell me what they think the value of this piece might be?

Thanks,
                  Eric

Comment

I don't think I'm that good at valueing such pieces but considering the condition & that it's a full rig, I'd say around it would be worth $700, give or take. These Krebs pieces are not as collectible as some of the more detailed etch patterns but they're beautiful in their own right IMHO. That said, this Krebs etch can be tough to find might be worth more to a collector looking for "types" or Krebs pieces. Hope this helps.

Comment

Yes, this is the standard NCO's troddel. Beautiful condition bayonet!

Comment

Thanks Again for all the info Billy & James!

Eric

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X