Fairbairn Sykes???

[ATTACH]1393855[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1393857[/ATTACH]

Comment

[ATTACH]1393858[/ATTACH]

Comment

[ATTACH]1393859[/ATTACH]

Comment

Hi guys, I can't remember where I picked this up. But I was told it was a new WW II issue. But I know less than -0- about these Fairbairn Sykes. It came with the wax paper type wrapper. Is it authentic or fake?
          It looks like I should clean it as well!!!
          Great appreciate the help.
          Thanks,
          Greg
          Fairbairn Sykes 003.jpg

Comment

this is a 3rd (and last) pattern F-S. looks wartime with the brass scabb rivets tho the reverse mark has me thinking possibly not...

however these knives - if not wartime-type scabbs - were made postwar; not just in the UK but also germany, for example. they were used by the brits in malaysia and other hot spots, were NATO issue for a long time and may still be. I don't doubt various nations' SpecOps people tuck 'em down a boot from time to time.

fakes also exist tho usually they're the early patterns that're worth the most.
            I don;t know about the waxed paper tho it sounds like WWII or korea.

does yours have a number on the pommel, maybe 1. 2,3, or 4? is the blade blued or dull-matte? that will help the experts here - which doesn't include me.

I would dust it but resist the temptation to polish the metal. anyhow nice looking knife.

Comment

Thanks! The blade looks blued to me, almost like a gun? I hadn't noticed the numbers before but there is a small 2 then a space and below then FR693.
              Thanks again!

Comment

You might try posting this in the British and Commonwealth Forum, I bet you'd get a good response there.

Comment

Thanks Tim, I will. It's probably just me, but I think F-S's are very cool daggers!
                  It feels great in hand!

Comment

Fs

http://gotavapen.se/market/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=178

Comment

I'm learning about FS on the Brittish table.
                      FYI:
                      http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=406555

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X