X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

police bayonet by WKC

hello i need your help for this bayonet please
    is it a good one?
    i have look 4 similar how are good and 2 similar are bad so i'm lost!!!!!

other pics

THANKS

Comment

Can we get a clear shot of the front of the grip? Is there a filled in hole just above the bottom rivet where it has been moved?

Comment

sorry i have not other pics
        the bayo is long of 48 cm. so the size is good in the book for after 1939.

Comment

You're going to need better pics to be sure, but it appears to be one of the Indian made fakes to me. There are a few tell-tale signs with these which include pronounced detail to the hilt and crossguard, no stamping on the crossguard or scabbard, no sign of having been cut down and whiter stag grip plates. The maker mark etch is not well detailed but deeply etched into the blade. I wouldn't touch it unless I got better detailed pics...

Red

Comment

This piece very closely resembles the modern fake WKC police bayonets that we've been seeing for years on Eban & some dealers' sites. It may "look" like period examples but be assured it is not.

The grip plates are, as Gary stated, either new stag or in some instances wood. The reverse crossguard rarely if ever has period inventory marks. The maker marks both lack the definition & depth of period stamped maker marks. The grip emblems are often modern replacements & not aluminum as period eagles of this vintage usually are. The hilt feathering itself lacks the overall detail of periods.

I could go on & on but to what avail? From your pictures this bayonet appears identical to the foregoing fakes we've seen. I would suggest that even if original there is nothing special about this example & that you should find one without such substantial questions IMO.

Comment

Blurry close-ups and far away pictures are rarely a good sign when it comes to authenticity in my opinion...

Copies of the WKC police bayonet are offered everywhere for sale at the moment. Easy to recognise when you see them in real though: on top of the caracteristics already mentioned higher, the scabbard leather is soft (new) and the stag grip plates look whiter than the originals.

Best regards,

Victorman

Comment

Hello

It is a fake. You can see that Weyersberg is badly written and mainly the "G". The logo on the right side of the blade is engraved after the blade was platted. The stag horn grips are not the same as those of WWII. The shape of the blade and mainly the end is not correct.

Best regards from Paris
                Alain

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X