Italian fascist dagger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Italian fascist dagger

Hey guys, I would like to acquire the Italian fascist dagger, unfortunately I have only these photos, the sheath is not original.
    Anyone have more information of this type of daggers? Thanks in advance

Last edited by victorbaule; 01-02-2010, 03:22 AM.

Any opinion more?...

Comment

Hallo Victor.
      From those pictures I cannot say if original or not.
      That style of dagger was the model 1932, upgraded in the 1937 with another model, same style but longer in the blade and with a different scabbard provided with metal hanger (and in 1939 with leather hanger).
      You should ask the seller to provided pictures of the inside of the grips: if these are marked on the bakelite , otherwise .
      This dagger was provided with two different scabbard: one black for the normal use, another one in silver to be utilized with the parade dress.
      here some pictures:
      http://www.mymilitaria.it/liste/Pugn...1931doppio.htm

Comment

The scabbard looks much like the silvered parade example on Joe L's link. How do you know the scabbard isn't original to the piece? Even if it isn't original to the dagger, it may still be an original example, albeit missing the fabric hanger.

In my limited experience with these daggers, they don't seem to have been made with as high quality parts as German daggers of the same vintage. Because of this their condition doesn't seem to hold up as well over the years as their German counterparts. Italian Fascist daggers are out there, some at decent prices although Italian daggers have risen in popularity (& of course price) in recent years.

If the scabbard has questions & the price of this one isn't good, maybe you should pass on it for another in the future?

Comment

Thaknks a lot for your opinions

Comment

Hola Victor! IMO if the seller don't provide better photos I'll pass it, there's a lot of pretty good repros out there and is difficult to tell from that pictures. Regards.

Comment

You should also note that these are being reproduced in Italy. I recently received an italian trade magazine showing them, and they seem like they are very well made.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X