Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eickhorn SA Dagger - Opinions

Hello people,

I have this dagger for some years in my collection. When I bought it, I put in another forum for opinions. In this time, don't have questions about your originality, but now, some collector said bad of it.

Please, I want to hear your opinions...

Regards,

Schmidt

Comment

The motto & maker mark look photo etched onto the blade. The crossgraining also appears strange. Original pieces had blade mottoes (& often the maker marks) acid etched which actually meant they were into the steel of the blade. If these marks are photo etched on your dagger, it would mean the blade is postwar altered to some extent, either a complete postwar blade or a period blade that was redone. I don't know about the other elements of the dagger but this dagger may be a combination of period & non period parts. I don't like the look of the blade though.

Comment

I don't know how many opinions you need before making up your mind but take it to the bank..........................it is fake, no doubt about it.
        End of the story.

http://daggers.infopop.cc/eve/forums...73/m/455100893

Comment

Agreed...fake.

Mark

Comment

Such inferior execution of motto and RZM code never appears on Eickhorn daggers. Besides, late Eickhorns have different shape of handle. Scabbard seems to be early one, which is incorrect for RZM piece, but looks good though.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X