Attached Files

Comment

suspect SS dagger

last photo
      Attached Files

Comment

If you sell it for fake price write me!

Comment

(Its in the scabbard backwards). Not good enough photos to tell much , so dont expect too much with what you have shown . May be a parts dagger..handles wood seem to fit well ??....runner marks look too far down toward the hilt..if thats what those are?..number cant be seen ...id suggest .. retake some better shots with the lighting more subdued, and more of every angle. what is the story...and what are they asking first, if not in the right ball park .. might not be worth checking . I usually ask price first, look... then go from there..in that order. good luck..and by the way there is a lot of good stuff to be had in michigan, but also there are a few sheister dealers that specialize in art, and daggers up there you need to to be careful dealing with, as their guarantees are very flimsy, and have good and parts stuff intermixed but all nothing reasonable in price. First hand hunting clear down to south bend is GGOOOd although. Ill bet you show some better photos , and youll get your answer , If this is a real honest request, and not a trap post.
          Last edited by juoneen; 12-30-2009, 08:16 PM.

Comment

Looks like an original E. Pack RZM 1939 M33 SS to me from these photos. No problem that I can see.
            Ron Weinand

Comment

Originally posted by juoneen View Post
              (Its in the scabbard backwards). Not good enough photos to tell much , so dont expect too much with what you have shown . May be a parts dagger..handles wood seem to fit well ??....runner marks look too far down toward the hilt..if thats what those are?..number cant be seen ...id suggest .. retake some better shots with the lighting more subdued, and more of every angle. what is the story...and what are they asking first, if not in the right ball park .. might not be worth checking . I usually ask price first, look... then go from there..in that order. good luck..and by the way there is a lot of good stuff to be had in michigan, but also there are a few sheister dealers that specialize in art, and daggers up there you need to to be careful dealing with, as their guarantees are very flimsy, and have good and parts stuff intermixed but all nothing reasonable in price. First hand hunting clear down to south bend is GGOOOd although. Ill bet you show some better photos , and youll get your answer , If this is a real honest request, and not a trap post.
              O.K. I'm missing something here, what is a "trap post" ?

Comment

I see what looks like an original RZM piece. I'm familiar with Joe and he's more of a gun guy. So he's just being cautious , no trap post.

Comment

It has a chance to be a good one, but if you want right opinion send the right pictures: grip close-ups, button, eagle, motto and logo close-ups, etc. It all matters. The better pics you provide, the better expertise you get.

Comment

trap post

I'm curious as well - what is a trap post?

Only guess I can make is posting crappy pics of a fake and hoping that experts say it looks good to them (or they can't see anything wrong) because they can't make out the details? Then the person can try and sell the fake because no one could say definitively that it's not real?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X