What is this?? Army dagger?? Opinions??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is this?? Army dagger?? Opinions??

This was a gift to me over the holidays and i have no idea what it is meant to be?? Was it for some toy soldier or was there a better prupose for it?? Does anyone else have one like it to compare to?

They picked it up at a flea market and the guy had many of them but they chose this one because it fit into the scabbard the tightest!!

Any help is greatly appreciated!

hdmarley
    Attached Files

dagger

Attached Files

Comment

dagger

Attached Files

Comment

dagger

Attached Files

Comment

dagger

I have more pics if needed???

Any opinions???

Many Thanks,

hdmarley
          Attached Files

Comment

Its a copy of a mineature dagger wich they did make during ww2. If you notice the scabbard is the 2nd luft type.,..the blade and handle.. like a land customs...well a mish mash anyway.... to make it short it will make a nice letter opener....but thats about it. I have known collectors from 40 years ago that got real mineature daggers from vets, but still have them to this day...but this one isnt one . Still ....a nice gift , ..original mineatures are worth more than the full size daggers, and seldom encountered also faked to the meezacks . You may want to go back and buy a few more for gifts for other collectors if they are cheap enough.Tthats my opinion .

Comment

Agreed, looks like a reproduction of a Landzoll miniature.

Comment

Except that a Landzoll dagger would have a green leather-covered scabbard as well. I'm with juoneen, a hodge-podge of parts. The crossguard almost looks hand-made.

Kinda cool if it didn't cost too much, doesn't appear to be made to deceive, but rather as a project of some sort. I doubt it's a period mini, as the quality of those was generaslly every bit as good as their full-size counterparts.

Best,
                Skip

Comment

?????

Thanks guys for the opinions and ideas! It will make a fine letter opener I suppose. It is a sturdy well made piece minus the crappy crossguard. I thought someone else out there may have one??

Happy New Year !!!

Cheers,

hdmarley

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X