Luft Trench Knife for review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kingtiger View Post
    The blade looks OK to me as well as the crossguard piece. The grip may have been replaced as it looks a little light and the pins look a little fresh, but that could be just the camera flash.

Are the grip rivets dome shaped on one side?

Mark

No they are not thats the first thing I noticed. Both sides are more or less ground flat.....replacement ?

Comment

Just an opinion

If I had to make an educated guess, the grips have been replaced on the blade, otherwise it looks OK to me. The domed pins are usually the key...but I am still learning.

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by kingtiger View Post
        If I had to make an educated guess, the grips have been replaced on the blade, otherwise it looks OK to me. The domed pins are usually the key...but I am still learning.

Mark
        Hi,

I agree with Mark, the rivets look replaced. It's hard to tell from the pics, but the grips may be original. They don't appear to have much patina compared to the wear on the blade though, so maybe not. I have a few of these marked 5, 6, and S, and they all have similar domed rivets and fairly light colored wood. Here's a picture of one that's marked with a 5 like yours showing the domed rivets (they're more pronounced on this side, smaller on the other).
        Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X