X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Klass ground rohm

Evening Guys
    I need your help on a big problem.
    I have 1st chance to buy a ss mans 33 ground rohm dagger.
    It has the small klass logo very close to the crossguard, vertical hanger and belt loop. All excellent condition, nice anodised scabbard, total factory erased rohm dedication, can still see a couple of tiny spots of that.
    Looks a million dollards.
    The problem is THE PRICE, £3500, $5500 or 3900 Euros. Bloody hell!
    Is that really the going rate for this dagger or is it utter madness?
    To me this is 20% over priced but am I missing a rare chance to buy a rare piece of history?
    Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated
    Thanks
    Steve C

Without photos, it's tough to make a value call. When there no traces of the motto left, I would not even pay what a plain blade costs. Depending on how much motto is left, the price starts climbing. That being said, it still seems a little high. Still, if it's the million dollar piece you say, you have to ask yourself the question about what will the price be when an equivalent example comes along again. I've walked away from many a deal that I thought was overpriced only to pay even more when an equivalent example finally showed up again.
    Ignored Due To Invisibility.

Comment

Are you buying this from a UK dealer? £3,500 sounds a bit much,
      saw a fully ground Eickhorn nice, last year for £1900. I don t
      think it adds much value, Get the price down, or leave it you
      could do better for that money
      Regards
      Mametz

Comment

Originally posted by Larry Lipps View Post
        Without photos, it's tough to make a value call. When there no traces of the motto left, I would not even pay what a plain blade costs. Depending on how much motto is left, the price starts climbing. That being said, it still seems a little high. Still, if it's the million dollar piece you say, you have to ask yourself the question about what will the price be when an equivalent example comes along again. I've walked away from many a deal that I thought was overpriced only to pay even more when an equivalent example finally showed up again.
        Well said Larry, and sometimes if you pass on a rare piece due to price it may never come around again.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve C View Post
          Evening Guys
          I need your help on a big problem.
          I have 1st chance to buy a ss mans 33 ground rohm dagger.
          It has the small klass logo very close to the crossguard, vertical hanger and belt loop. All excellent condition, nice anodised scabbard, total factory erased rohm dedication, can still see a couple of tiny spots of that.
          Looks a million dollards.
          The problem is THE PRICE, £3500, $5500 or 3900 Euros. Bloody hell!
          Is that really the going rate for this dagger or is it utter madness?
          To me this is 20% over priced but am I missing a rare chance to buy a rare piece of history?
          Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated
          Thanks
          Steve C
          A Photo is needed

Comment

The price is fair for a small Klass if in good condition

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X