To all E. Pack owners, a bit of info needed plz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To all E. Pack owners, a bit of info needed plz

As a beginning collector of mainly edged weapons made by Ernst Pack i'd like to make a database of all known types by this maker.
    I am also trying to get my hands on a factory catalogue or any info about this maker but up so far i haven't found alot. (not the biggest wizzard in searching things on the internet tho)
    If someone can help me out with this i'd be much obliged.
    If someone owns a Pack catalogue i'd appreciate it if he could send me copies/scans from it (willing to pay for the effort ofc).
    If someone knows any good sites about Pack, please feel free to paste the link.
    And last but not least: If you own a Pack, could you please send me some pictures of it? Doesn't matter what type it is, if it's made by E.Pack / Siegfried Waffen i'd like to see it.

Many thanks,
    Tom

D.D. Harris the E.Pack man. He has a website, Pack is his speciality and he is a good guy also. GDC has a lot of Pack information if you want to wade through it with a few searches. Charlie

Comment

Here is DD's web site:

http://www.ddsdaggers.com/

He is a great guy and his site has pictures of some unique Pack items.

John

Comment

Pack catalogs are very rare only a few are known to survive. You can find one printed in its entirety in Tom Johnsons collecting the edge weapons of the third Reich volume 2. I collect Pack and you can see some examples on my webpage.

http://myweb.cableone.net/tkendall/index.html

Comment

Tom:

Always showing off the same fantaxtic dagger.... show us some of your not so fantastic stuff

I love the items you have displayed on your site. But, then you knew that didn't you?

John

Comment

John
            Thanks every time someone says pack I can’t resist to show a pic of my baby

Comment

How about this one

Comment

Godts, hi
                dont let Toms modesty fool you his pieces are fantastic!! On the Epack&S subject; I will include something that my be of some value to you. Most folks are not into control tags as they think they are a waste of time and money. I well dont see it that way I am including a link from one of my research pages. I did get wind of another E.Pack variant (type 4) but have not yet been able to confirm it. BTW the type 4 thing is my way of keeping track. The type 4 I was told of is just a foil paper variant with no metal baking disc and thinner weight string. You may find some empty spaces on my pages I an old school guy trying to make sense of HTML
                Bret Van Sant

http://militaryedgedweapons.com/germ...aggallery2.htm

Comment

Thx Bret, that's very informative site you got there, i have bookmarked it and will check for updates from time to time.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Here is mine it was purchased from mr wittmann about 2 years ago it has the typical pack fittings and was rated mint except from the slight wear on the crossguard eagle and just incase anyone tells me the blade is the wrong way around this is how i purchased it from mr wittmann so this is how it will stay...
                          I hope this helps
                          Regards Adam

Comment

Thx for sharing adam, very nice piece

here's a Pack i've also purchased from mr. Wittmann about a year ago, an nskk ground Rohm.

and my 1st Luft by Siegfried:

Scabbard has topplate missing tho, but that's how i got it and that's how it will stay.

Comment

I have long been a Pack collector and can tell you that some of the Pack daggers are very hard to find: RAD Jr., early 1st Mod. Luftwaffe (I have yet to find one), Pack Navy are but a few that are difficult.
                              There are MANY variations of the early Pack HJ Knife and some are rather interesting.
                              The Pack SS M33 is a very nice dagger and a quality piece when in nice condition.
                              Pack Engraved Panel Bayonets are of the best quality and John Zeller has the best collection of these in the world and they can be seen on GermanDaggers.com under the bayonet section if you search by that title.
                              Ron Weinand

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X