• Time
  • Show
Clear All

What sword is it?

On one of my fotos I found this sword.

May someone tell me what it is?

Many thanks for your help.
    Attached Files

If this sword is worn by an active WWII officer it is probably a "Traditions-degen" from Imperial times. It appears to be an old style Guard Sword (with a grip star) that would have originally been worn in a frog but Beamte swords were also made in this manner and I can't tell from the Portepee. An older officer could have elected to continue to wear his old Imperial sword or a son might be wearing his father's sword during the later war.

Comment

The man was veteran of WWI, he was active officer in WWII.

Thank You very much for Your help SCHUPO.

Comment

Hunting ASSN. elks head w/ crown. possibly a wedding sword maybe an awards from a hunting assn? anybodys guess, still too bad its blade cannot be seen, most possibly demascus steel.Nice.

Comment

Aren't there Honour swords given by Göring?

I think I have read about, but can't remember for details

Comment

Originally posted by SCHUPO View Post
            If this sword is worn by an active WWII officer it is probably a "Traditions-degen" from Imperial times. It appears to be an old style Guard Sword (with a grip star) that would have originally been worn in a frog but Beamte swords were also made in this manner and I can't tell from the Portepee. An older officer could have elected to continue to wear his old Imperial sword or a son might be wearing his father's sword during the later war.
            I'm with Schupo. Note the grip insignia guardsman star.

Tom

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X