LW Dagger Sword

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LW Dagger Sword

I have never seen a LW sword or 1st model dagger in person just photos but is there a difference in the pommel between the two

Yes, there are some differences. That being said, the 1st model can be looked at as almost a scaled down Luftwaffe fliegerschwert. If you havn't seen a side by side comparison between the 2, I can post one of each from my collection.

Tom

Comment

a photo would be great THANKS I tried to find a photo of them side by side but havent had much luck

Comment

This should give you some idea of the differences in the hilt of fliegerschwert vs. the dagger.

Not the best photos, however these were available on my hard drive and I didn't want to get everything out to take new photos.

Note the difference in design of the quillion. Also note the pommel cap sun-wheel disc. The daggers pommel sun-wheel is flat, while the fliegerschwert's pommel has a rounded, higher relief which tapers down toward the pommel edges (I hope that makes sense). Another point which is important to understand is that the consturction meathods differ bewtween aluminum fitted examples vs. earlier nickel-silver hilted examples (which both of these are). The sun-wheels are actually inserts in both the pommel and on the crossguard.

Tom
        Attached Files
        Last edited by SwordFish; 12-02-2009, 05:06 PM.

Comment

Here's another, with a DLV thrown in for free!
          Attached Files

Comment

Swords....

a few swords...

Mark
            Attached Files

Comment

daggers....

a dagger example...

Mark
              Attached Files

Comment

Mark-
                Very nice my man. I expect nothing but the best from ya'.

Scott- killer piecs as well. And great job on the photos fellas.

Jawa-
                The photos from Mark and Scott do a great job illustrating the difference in pommel construction with respect to both the dagger and fliegerschwert produced in aluminum, of 1 piece construction.

Tommy Boy

Comment

Mark, you're such a showoff!

Comment

Thanks guys for the help thats exactly what I was looking for o ya Mark, Scott very nice collections by the way

Comment

Originally posted by kingtiger View Post
                      a dagger example...

Mark
                      Very nice!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X