This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Estand 2nd Model Luft

Wanted to discuss this dagger being listed in the classifieds as I had some questions on the engraving, gilt, and components being used in it's construction. Perhaps we could get some better photos of the crossguard, pommel and scabbard in attempt to identify possibly the manufacturer of these parts. With Shuttlehoffer being a small manufacturing firm, I would expect to see "Generic" hardware on this dagger, but who knows. Appreciate the help. JR

http://70.87.163.50/forums/showthread.php?t=395356

Perhaps..we should just stop this here and now JR,,since you really dont care about the dagger,,but you seem to have personal issues with me because I have called you out on your SS rings,,,,

when You answer the questions I have asked you about your ring (s) in previous threads I will answer your questions about my dagger.

as far as I'm concerend this thread is done,,,,

Comment

One of the estand rules.......... " It is stated on the e-stand rules that if an item is posted for sale said item may be discussed, thus this is the proper course of action. A link to the discussion may be posted on the for sale thread"

Up to you, but I thought that if you wanted your sale "kissed", that this would be the way to do it.

Comment

You started this thread betting that this would be my reaction,,,and I played into it,,,your right,,this is the proper venue to discuss this dagger,,,

but your going to have to come up with something a little better than "it should have generic fittings"

what pics do you want,,,I will take them

Comment

more pics
          Attached Files

Comment

is that to your liking???
            now what JR,,,whats wrong here,,the engraving?

its done byt he same guy at the jewelry store that does your and craigs HR's

Comment

Niblet hello
              For that price even i would expect a thread like that if i was selling it.
              I would not be offended its just haw it is with german militaria my friend.
              Chill its only a dagger and people want to know about it like i want to.
              kindest regards
              spnner

Comment

more
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Niblet View Post

its done byt he same guy at the jewelry store that does your and craigs HR's

Comment

Absolutely the merits of a proper edged weapon are not solely judged on components alone, but it does help us with the discussion better if we can see how they all fit together. Can we get the shots of the pommel, top area of the scabbard, scabbard bands and crossguard ?

Comment

Spnnr,,
                      then why did he wait so long to "discuss" this?

Its been up there for awhile,,,I have posted this dagger on this forum a long time ago,,,no one has ever had anything even remotely negative to say,,JR is trying to get my goat here and he is smiling right now,,because he knows he's got my blood pressure up,,,,,

Comment

More engraving done clearly by the local jewelry store,,,
                        Attached Files

Comment

aa
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Niblet View Post
                            Spnnr,,
                            then why did he wait so long to "discuss" this?

Its been up there for awhile,,,I have posted this dagger on this forum a long time ago,,,no one has ever had anything even remotely negative to say,,JR is trying to get my goat here and he is smiling right now,,because he knows he's got my blood pressure up,,,,,
                            Men like to wind each other up.
                            Just a bit of banta.
                            Superb pictures very clear

Comment

Your dagger looks like a very nice original pre-45 example to me! I see no issues anywhere on your dagger that would make me think anything was post war added etc!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X