Navy dagger opinions pls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wolfeknives View Post
    Many things would concern me in this dagger. The scabbard bands seem to be pressed out of the shell, etching of the blade is certainly not standard. What appears to be an ivory grip is poorly fit, along with incorrect grip wire. The buffer pad is not original, and patina is heaviest and looks artificial in the recesses where the gold/laquer should have been protected from wear.

I agree.
    Regards Rajko

Comment

Originally posted by Ostarrichi997 View Post
      Hey gus!

Thanks for your comments. What are the give aways? I am a beginner when it comes to edged weapons.

Thank you!
      Heli
      Basically the problems have been covered, but in the future, make certain that the scabbard bands are separate pieces applied to the scabbard, not pressed into it. Familiarize yourself with correct maker's marks and blade etches. With just this knowledge you can go a long way to spotting the fakes.
      Ignored Due To Invisibility.

Comment

Thanks everyone for the obvious problems, I am sure those tips will be helpful in the fututre!

Heli

Comment

Here is a pic of my Pack navy this is the dagger pictured in Wittmanns navy book as stated this is the only mark Pack used on their navy production -Any one else care to share a pic of theirs?

Comment

Love to see pics of another Pack navy

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X