ww2 german bayonet NEED HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ww2 german bayonet NEED HELP

HELLO NEED A LIL INFO ON THIS BAYONET ITS MARLED maker mark is puma solingen look at the emblem on the handle i have not seen one like it

link to pics
    http://s699.photobucket.com/albums/vv352/tank10015/
    Last edited by tank10015; 11-04-2009, 04:29 AM.

I think its a repro, but I might be wrong

Comment

hello kmow its not a repo that i know for sure

Comment

I'm curious how you "...know for sure" it is not a reproduction...

The bayonet is original but, IMO, it is impossible to tell when the grip insignia was added - could be 1938 or 2008

I would tread carefully on this one,
        Skip

Comment

Have to agree with Skip, the emblems could be there originally or recently, very difficult to tell for sure. With KS98 bayonets with grip emblems I've found there to be many more fakes than originals & that a healthy dose of skepticism is usually called for.

Is there any play in the emblems? I'd be curious to see what the inside of these grip plates look like under an x-ray.

Comment

Hey now,

That one's sort of neat. HOnestly I like it. I'd buy it if priced accordingly, knowing the hunting association grip insignia may not be period, original to the piece.

It looks cool...I guess it would match those fancy looking vanilla SS M-36 repros from India/Pakistan which are now floating around. I think those really look cool....uh oh..digressing tisk tisk. The "summer" version of the dagger.

Tom "I like 'em fake" C
            Attached Files
            Last edited by SwordFish; 11-04-2009, 10:37 PM.

Comment

hello thanks for your reply

I don't believe it is fake the main reason is I got off 86-year-old World War II veteran

along with other stuff who was selling his house .to move to Florida his family did not want that stuff he did not know much about them other than he had taken it from Germany when he left turned World War II.

the bayonet is actually really good quality the photos do not show the quality of the bayonet the emblem is securely fastened to the handle I do not believe it was put on after words

Comment

If ya' got it a decent price, then right on.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X