Army dagger pommel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army dagger pommel

Does anyone know where I can obtain a used original Army dagger pommel? I am looking for one in very good to excellent condition to complete an otherwise excellent vet family acquired dagger. I have had it for some years and would like to make it right. Thanks for any advice.-Frank

I guess Thomas Johnson is the man with a large stock of dagger parts.

Regards, Theo
    (Wim Vangossum)
    Freedom is not for Free

Comment

Try here,
      http://cgi.ebay.com/GERMAN-WWII-ARMY...item4ce99ca8d5

Comment

i can say that I have bought from this seller and it worked out fine! Quick delivery.

Comment

Johnsons stock of parts are a mis match of Period and Post war...Even they are not sure what they have so be very careful,as it most likely wont fit.

Comment

Thanks guys. I have made an offer on one on ebay. In the meantime I will keep looking and so if anyone knows of one, please feel free to contact me! Thanks again-Frank

Comment

Frank,
              Who is the maker of your dagger? There are some on here that could probably tell you which pommel would be most likely to fit your dagger just from the photo. I will post it here so that any one that views it might be able to help.
              Attached Files

Comment

Frank,
                First who is the maker on the blade, if none then can you post a few Good close up pictures of the rest of the dagger i.e. the scabbard bands and crossguard. Although you may think any pommel will fit and it might you need to match the maker for it to be proper, also the finish on the fitting should match. It would look odd if you had a early dagger with nickel plating on the fittings and a different finish on the pommel.

One parts dealer on ebay is rkransverizonnet he seems to always have some parts up on ebay and i have heard that he is good to deal with.

If you cannot post pictures send me a PM with your email and i will try to help you out.

Eric

Comment

Thanks guys for all the help! Paul Seilheimer is the maker. PS in a circle is the trademark. It is not mint and came with a solid ersatz (I feel) pommel that does not look right to me. I am a helmet collector and sold myy other Luft and Army dagggers years ago, but kept this one because of the provenance and its condition. (pommel). I will try to get some pics posted tonight but I may have left my camera bag in my office, which will mean tomorrow. I have to contact the ebay seller but hopefully he won't mind waiting a day. Thanks again for all the input on this!- Frank

Comment

Here are three quick pics of the dagger. The pommel that was on it is old and heavy. It looks like it belongs to another dagger of some sort. The chamfered edge is visible. I guess I will try and match one of the ones on ebay with the detail on the dagger as best I can? Are the fittings all the same on Army dagger handles?
                    Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X