Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS bayonet LAH engraved

Hey all,

During my weekly hunt on the internet for maybe some nice E.Pack's i stumbeled across this bayonet/dagger (?)
    According to the seller the item belongs to the LAH, and has an engraving on the handle and scabbard. It also has a number on the crossguard, and crossguard itself seems to be decorated with oakleaves. Handle has a nice eagle head which i think can also be found on diplomatic daggers (don't shoot me if i'm wrong, i'm a beginning collector). The blade itself is marked E.pack and has an ss-stamp on the other side. Asking price is $2000.
    Can i have some opinions on this item plz? Original or not? worth the money?
    I did some quick research myself but can't figure out what to think of it... I compared the handle with other pictures of bayonets i found but can't place it. Also i came across some forum-posts who stated that there were no/very few bayonets who left the factory with an ss-stamp on the ricasso.

thx for your time on this...

Save your money. It is a total fantasy fake. On the good side... this is the first one of these fakes I have seen. I have to look away now because it is starting to hurt my eyes.

Comment

Made in England 1950-1960 I think

Comment

Nice to see a "new" fake..I was getting bored by the S84/98 with the SS etchings popping up everywere.
        I had one offered to me last week again with the 12th SS Division Hitlerjugend on it.
        It was 100% original,so says the seller.A German historician had contacted him,telling there were only 8000 made of them during the war....Oh well.

Comment

Never seen one of these before either, as fake as the day is long IMO. One thing I'll say, it's imaginative with a lot of sexy elements. Stag grips, Pack blade, Gov't Official pommel & an LAH cypher? Like the shotgun effect, throw everything at 'em!

Comment

They are getting better and better every day!

Comment

Originally posted by rajko84 View Post
              They are getting better and better every day!
              Not really - the same ol' POS with a Diplo/GO pommel

Any thread with "SS Bayonet" in the title is like a train wreck...you know there won't be a happy ending, but you just have to look anyway.

Be glad you didn't buy this one

Best,
              Skip

Comment

Thx for the info people, u confirmed my suspicions abt the bayonet.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X