Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ss dagger for review

All comments welcome

The blade looks worked as in steel wooled.

Comment

Agreed, the blade shows signs of contact with an abbrasive.

Comment

If the tang nut is not loose, that blade is not a fit. Whoever "cleaned" it, got into the lower cross guard as well, which is a very poor fit in any event. I would not be trying to buy that one unless it was a gift. Very severely scoured and buffed blade.

Mark

Comment

Agreed...may be original, but the blade has definitely been buffed. That, coupled with the poor condition of the scabbard paint, would have me looking elsewhere.

Best,
          Skip

Comment

I dunno, this is supposed to be an Eickhorn. I can't say I've ever seen SS runes like that, not to mention the grip eagle. Even the shape of the grip is all wrong... Some serious doubts about this one IMO.

Red

Comment

The angle of the grip is too soft, the runes dont see anything rare in my opinion. The grip eagle, I need more fotos to see if the eagle is good or bad.

Comment

You may have a point about the runes, Gary.
                Seems possible that the black area between the inner & outer silver circles is noticably thinner than other examples I have looked at.
                And does it appear to anyone else that the triangle on the grip, the base of which is at the hilt, extends futher up than usual ?

Comment

Any additional thoughts concerning authenticity ?

Comment

The dagger without a single doubt, is a post war piece.

Comment

Thanks JR, if you'd care to enumerate the red flags, I, and I'm sure others, would greatly appreciate it.

If not so inclinced, I understand, and your opinion of course carries weight regardless.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X