Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ss

Friends opinions are interesting .

Last edited by AVRORA; 10-26-2009, 03:54 AM.

Comment

I can not see any red flag on this dagger

IMO

Comment

Originally posted by victorbaule View Post

IMO
        Thanks for the answer. The matter is that I know history of this dagger and saw it before cleaning. There are those who doubts its originality. But to my mind not many who have the original for comparison. For example, I consider that 99 % of Himmler`s daggers are fakes, but to find the original for comparison is practically unreal. Or it was made much more than 200 items, and so called the "textbook" standards could become originals only after war. But it`s only my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by victorbaule View Post

IMO

if you spend in money at this "SS" dagger.....you will find out very soon your money are wasted & lost .... IMO

LH

Comment

Originally posted by LH 600 View Post
            if you spend in money at this "SS" dagger.....you will find out very soon your money are wasted & lost .... IMO

LH

Avrora,
            I gave you my opinion on the other forum.
            All you need to see in this case is the dagger blade doesn't properly fit the crossguard. If you want to hear from others that it is "good" then have them explain why the edge of the blade is suspended in air and not flush with the crossguard as they should be in these early Rohm Honor daggers.
            The etch is another matter.
            I agree with LH's assessment.

-wagner-

Comment

I dont want purchasing this dagger, the only thing I said is that the motto is identical to T. Wittman's book and not see any difference, I say this is not for nothing that is original dagger. Someone, can to see any red flag in this motto?
              Last edited by victorbaule; 10-26-2009, 03:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AVRORA View Post
                I consider that 99 % of Himmler`s daggers are fakes, but to find the original for comparison is practically unreal. Or it was made much more than 200 items, and so called the "textbook" standards could become originals only after war. But it`s only my opinion.

The "textbook" number of 200 Himmler daggers has long since been discredited, even by the original author.
                Ignored Due To Invisibility.

Comment

Friends, I speak only about blade of this dagger which I see as original. If somebody can show an original variant having difference from mine, I recognise it as fake. In any other case it`s only words.

Comment

Friends, I speak only about blade of this dagger which I see as original. If somebody can show an original variant having difference from mine, I recognise it as fake. In any other case it`s only words.
                    ??? You mean you only want to hear positive feedback on this piece, other than that its just words???

Comment

Why list your dagger here when you know its real ?

Comment

Any opinions are interesting to me. But I am ready to recognise this dagger as a fake , only if somebody will show other original Rehm`s dagger from Eikhorn different from this.
                        Last edited by AVRORA; 10-26-2009, 06:44 PM.

Comment

I noticed a complete rear shot is missing.Post of a pic of the Entire back of the dagger from Top of Hilt to tip of blade.

Comment

The matter is that I know history of this dagger and saw it before cleaning. There are those who doubts its originality. But to my mind not many who have the original for comparison.
                            While your getting the photos of the hilt, it would be really nice if you can provide photos in it's "as found" condition.

Most collectors here want to see the "Whole Tamale" as the saying goes here in the U.S., prior to issuing an opinion on just a detail.

Regards,
                            -wagner-

Comment

Friends probably these photos will better.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X