Urgent advice needed for SS dagger!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Urgent advice needed for SS dagger!

Hallo guys, I urgently need your opinion on this SS dagger. This dagger is up for sale however I need to know if it is genuine or not. The pictures are the only ones available. I hope you can make a judgement on these photos. Regards Gareth.

DONT buy that dagger.
    Run away fast !!

LH

Comment

Calling it crap is giving it credit.
      Ignored Due To Invisibility.

Comment

Repro chained SS dagger, Run like the clappers

Comment

gareth ?
          What is the seller asking for this dagger in price ?

LH

Comment

I remember those for sale at an SOS show and they were $15-$18 dollars.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Sunday View Post
              I remember those for sale at an SOS show and they were $15-$18 dollars.

Its a shame there is bad sellers out there trying to sell them as orginals too new collectors.

LH

Comment

Hi guys, thanks for all your help. The seller wants 550 EURO. Thanks again.

Comment

I agree with all the rest, completely bad from top to bottom. The price is way lower than an original, that alone can be considered a red flag.

Comment

I must conclude in saying its sickening how these guys try and swindle these goods, I would love to show you his description of the item,

SS DRESS DAGGER - A REAL COLLECTORS ITEM

THIS DAGGER HAS BEEN IN MY POSSESSION FOR OVER 50 YEARS AND TO THE BEST OF MY KNOWLEDGE IT IS THE GENUINE THING. MY FATHER WHO WAS IN THE 8th ARMY GAVE IT TO ME WHEN I WAS 10 YEARS OLD AND IT HAS BEEN WITH ME EVER SINCE. I HAVE DONE SOME RESEARCH,ESPECIALLY OF THE MAKERS MARK THAT IS ON THE REVERSE OF THE BLADE 'RZM M7/14'AND THIS CHECKS OUT COMPLETELY- R D. Luneschloss, Solingen.

I alerted him to the fact this item is a repo, his attitude,

"I have had this dagger for over 50 years, which takes it back quite some time ! Even before then I remember it always being in our home in the UK. I cannot state 100% that it is entirely genuine, but I have no reason to believe it isn't. I have done quite a bit of research, and all of it is positive. Even a 1978 replica sold for over 1500 dollars in the USA recently. I am not an expert, but I have done as much research as I could, and I believe it to be the real thing."

What can I say!!,Except thanks for all your help

Comment

What's even worse is that the seller still tries to defend the sale, these are very recent copies, 5 years old would be a stretch, total Chinese shyte, not even close to the early repros made in the 60s to 80s. A bonefide fraudster IMO...

Red
                      Attached Files

Comment

His entire response was written in CYA language and doubletalk. He'd make a great politician.
                        Ignored Due To Invisibility.

Comment

Omg its horrible

Comment

Update

Hi guys this seller sold this fake, despite all my trouble to alert everyone. A poor sole bought it for 800 euros, terrible!!!

Comment

Thanks for the update... Considering they sell for about $15, this guy ripped big time.

BTW, where about in SA are you?

Red

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X