Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WW2 fighting knife from WKC with Abnahme???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WW2 fighting knife from WKC with Abnahme???

Hi,

did one saw such an eagle stamp at a fighting knife before?

What is your feeling about originality of the stamping? The knife looks pretty good.
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Hi !

Strange thing ...

Usually the grip-plates of the Infanteriemesser 42 are plain, (maybe this grooves are period-made by the owner of this knife himself ?).

The traders-mark looks pretty unclear and I never ever saw an eagle like this on any TR-blade stamped there like this way, (except the WL-Abnahme) ...
          IMO, this is not a Waffenabnahme-Amt (WaA)-stamp.
          But one, (almost similar), eagle is marked on one of my SG84/98 III´s, (there: it´s a police-mark).

Could you show macro´s of the stamp´s ?

BTW, WKC was one of the known maker´s of the IM 42, but, that´s not the question.

Cheer´s,

R.

Comment

the grooves are period handmade, that is correct. So you have better grip, if the handle gets wet.

Would it be possible to stamp a real knife post war, due to the harden process of the steel? I think, no.

I tried a closer pic of the stamp, not really good:
            Attached Files

Comment

I saw post-war markings on pistols, rifles, fighting-knives, tools, belts and so on ...

... at a flea-market day´s ago even a WaA-mark on the backside of a leather-scabbard on an south-american post war-knife ...

But, when I say I´ve never seen any markings like that on the blade of an IM 42 before I do not say, that this could´nt have been possible and it´s period-made actually ...

Comment

I believe both stamps are fakes, the WaA with SS is totally nonsens.best regards,Andy

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X