Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WKCluft dagger for sale

Any opinions please its 400 gbp

Last edited by spnner; 10-21-2009, 04:50 PM.

Hello

400 pounds equals 656.00 U.S. Dollars. As a ballpark figure that is fair. However, need to see the rest of the piece, blade and scabbard. It looks fine to me for what I can see. Show the reverse side of the grip, no cracks I assume? If not and you are happy with it, and the blade is excellent I would consider it.

Rich

Comment

Everything looks fine based on this pictures.

Regards, Theo
      (Wim Vangossum)
      Freedom is not for Free

Comment

blade

Comment

luft

Blade in first pic shows much finger prints! Those won't come out!

Need better pics of blade up close like first pic both sides!

Not a far away shot that can hide condition of blade!

PVON

Comment

The money is in the blade. As P Von said ,get clean , crisp images of the blade on both sides before you commit to purchase.

Comment

Wkc

Ok good advice will do that.
              Would any kind person show me some WKC fittings and grip wire so that i can learn haw to spot a WKC.
              Thank you in advance
              spnner

Comment

hey paul , my eyes must be going, or you got good eye sight, well spotted with the finger prints. us helmet collectors wouldnt have spotted that.norman/the limey

Comment

Dagger

Norman

Missed you at max! You are the man of helmets!

Best to you bud! remember junk in the trunk!

PVON

Comment

Haw rude

Pual V i thought this thread was on a wkc dagger not what are you up to.
                    You should of pm them replies
                    And you findthehelme
                    This thread is not a chat room.
                    Last edited by spnner; 10-24-2009, 06:01 PM.

Comment

Wkc

Hi guys just got back from seeing this dagger the blade is rather cleen exept for those prints at the top which in the picture look worse than what they are.
                      blade lenght is exactly 26cm
                      blade and tang is 37 cm
                      Is this correct size ??
                      PS my last post was only a bit of banta hope you saw the funnyside.
                      spnner

Comment

I would say that you have a pretty reasonable deal in so far as the hangers are included which places the dagger at around £340. Not a screamingly good deal but marginally less than you would get from a reasonable dealer. (I do not include most UK dealers as they are a generally bunch of greedy rip off merchants). Bonus is you don`t have to pay import shipping along with the associated hassle.

Comment

Vaughan
                          thanks for your reply but i had another look at the tip and it looks like its been slightly reworked at some point.
                          Not sure what to do naw.I will have to mull this over a bit.Got untill friday to decide.

Comment

I suggest that if you have any reservations at all that you pass on it. The condition will not get any better & if something bothers you now, it will only get worse with time. Luftwaffe daggers are not scarce so you can always find another nice piece that's well priced.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy G View Post
                              I suggest that if you have any reservations at all that you pass on it. The condition will not get any better & if something bothers you now, it will only get worse with time. Luftwaffe daggers are not scarce so you can always find another nice piece that's well priced.
                              Billy has given you good advice. 2nd pattern Lufts are plentiful. Wait for one you don't have concerns over. The value of any edged weapon is in the blade. A re-tipped one will be hard to resell to any experienced collector.

Regarding your comment...

"the blade is rather cleen exept for those prints at the top which in the picture look worse than what they are."

...with respect, they are what they are. No better, no worse. Most times our eyes are unable to see what the lens does. That doesn't mean the flaws are not really there. It's good practise to make your decisions based upon the best possible renditions, not on what the least efficient (human eye) tool provides you with.

Regards,
                              Stu

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X