Is this SS Dagger Authentic or Fake???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this SS Dagger Authentic or Fake???

Hi! I'm looking for a little help identifying an SS dagger I'm looking to purchase from an individual as fake or authentic. I'm only looking for opinions, not a rock solid "yes it is authentic", or "no it's a fake". I realize these photos are limited in detail, but perhaps some of you more savvy collectors can tell simply based on these shots. Since this forum does not have an option to add photos, here is a link to the same post on another forum (hope that's not taboo - I have no choice)...

http://warrelics.eu/forum/daggers-sw...641/#post85259

I did get some good feedback on this other forum, but want to also get your opinions. the more educated I am based on multiple opinions, the easier it will be to make a decision.

Any help is appreciated. I intend to buy one of the books mentioned on this and other forums (probably Wittmann's), but if this dagger is authentic I don't want to miss the opportunity as long as his price is reasonable (researching that now as well).

Thanks in advance for the help!

dzyner

I think that the honour daggers of SS only was made from Eickhorn. IMO is a fake . This daggers never have the Himmler inscription or a Rohm inscription
    Last edited by victorbaule; 10-20-2009, 01:36 PM.

Comment

Totally bogus. The crossguards are wrong in the design and Eickhorn was the ONLY maker of these.

Mark

Comment

Agree with Kingtiger.

Comment

Thanks for the opinions everyone. I'm glad I posted this. I definitely need to become better educated about this stuff. I will admit though, the Rohm inscription threw up a red flag for me too. Even if these daggers did carry the inscription, to find one with it completely in tact would be next to impossible. I have an SA dagger with the inscription filed almost completely off, but still some remnants left. I should post pics of that dagger to be sure it's original (hope it is).

Thanks again!
          dzyner

Comment

Hello Dzyner,

Welcome to WAF. As you are now aware that is a repro dagger so I'll only address this portion of your first post...

" Since this forum does not have an option to add photos, here is a link to the same post on another forum (hope that's not taboo - I have no choice)"

In fact you have a choice and can add photos directly to the server here buy paying the annual 25 USD Association Membership fee.

Regards,
            Stu

Comment

Further to last...

I'd suggest that you consider buying a dagger from a reputable dealer such as Paul Hogle. He also sells the bible on these. Have a look at the linked site...

http://www.lakesidetrader.com/SS.html

Regards,
              Stu

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X