Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doveshead sword..

Hey fellas,

Have you seen a sword like this? I'm wondering if it's original. I searched the forum and didnt find anything really like this....
    The eagle looks etched on. It's marked alcosa. I have more pictures I can post if needed. Thanks for any help.

Rose
    Attached Files

Original Alcoso all the way. It is an unattributed model with very nicely done hand engraving. I Especially like the dedication on the reverse langet. A very nice score.

Comment

Thanks Ed!

The dedication is F.F. s/R. A.M. 1.7.38

Comment

Spot on original. Alcoso "Roon" style saber. Hand worked embellishments. It's a nice pattern. I have one. As stated, the dedication is a nice addition and enhances an already nice Heer sabel.

Did this one come from fleaBay? It looks familiar.

"Zieht Sabel!"

Tom
        Last edited by SwordFish; 10-19-2009, 06:47 PM.

Comment

Rose,

Nice sword...these dove swords have a place in my heart more so than the lions head sword. The hand detail in the hilt is what gets me. .

Comment

Last edited by SwordFish; 10-19-2009, 08:31 PM.

Comment

This is a sabre coming up for auction, and I was thinking about bidding on it. How much would be a fair price to bid on it do you think? how much would they normally cost so I can get a picture of what i'd be looking at spending?
              It's really a beauty and I would like to win it..
              Thanks for all your comments!!

Rose
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Rose Heppler; 10-19-2009, 08:24 PM.

Comment

I would say somewhere around $350-$550. Depends on how many people want the piece.

Comment

There are some minor detractors, however the dedication mitigates and certainly makes up for those shortcomings. Ed's assessment of value is sound. I've seen some very odd and seemingly ludicrous behaviours from bidders during the course of an auction. It's like a box of chocolates.."you never know what you're gonna' get". A dealer has another example of this particular pattern for sale with a list price of $550...sans dedication reverse langet. Condition wise, similiar in that neither retain 100% of their factory gold colored gilt. However, the example pictured above does retain some degree of the gilting on the hilt assembly. Both examples have your typical brass hilt.

If interested in some of the particulars and technical information regarding this saber, PM me. I have my own opinion of what I would be willing to bid based on the totality of circumstances. Ultimately, it's a matter of how badly you wish to acquire this saber. Armed with some of these details, you should be able to get a better idea of what a reasonable value is.

T
                  Last edited by SwordFish; 10-20-2009, 01:28 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X