USMC K-Bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

USMC K-Bar

No question this is a USMC K-Bar. Never saw a sheath like this except on a repro. This isnt a repro.
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

great patina on sheath! Worth anything?
          Attached Files

Comment

Hi! IMO the sheath can be original, I've seen those leather sheaths with the marks of USMC before, great looking K-Bar!!! Best regards.

Comment

clestuff

The sheath is post war (which doesn't necessarily mean the same about the knife).

To quote Frank Trzaska -

"The Eagle, Globe and Anchor marking was never used in WW II, don't be fooled by it, again they are only available on current knives."

http://www.usmilitaryknives.com/ka-bar.htm

This site also shows the features of reproduction Kabars which may help in determining the age of your knife.

Richie

Comment

no way

I dont think so bro. Not everybody who posts things on the web know what they are talking about! This has been proven over and over again...

This is period, both knife and sheath.. I know where they came from and the patina would be impossible. My pics are poor, but in hand

Comment

who?

By the way, who is Frank Trzaska? Joe Blows brother?

Comment

Here's who Frank is according to his site:

http://www.usmilitaryknives.com/who_is.htm
                    Ignored Due To Invisibility.

Comment

Originally posted by clestuff View Post
                      I dont think so bro. Not everybody who posts things on the web know what they are talking about! This has been proven over and over again...

This is period, both knife and sheath.. I know where they came from and the patina would be impossible. My pics are poor, but in hand
                      Well who I am I to argue with an internet expert

Comment

clestuff,
                        Sorry, but the EGA marked sheaths are definately NOT WW 2 issue....first appeared in the 1960s I believe.....check Cole's Books, as well as any reputible Knife guy and he will verify the fact. Knife does appear to be WW2 vintage, but remember K-Bars/Navy Mk. 2 knifes were issued well into Vietnam period from leftover WW 2 stocks.....as well as newly manurfactured examples.....

There are sheaths marked with USN emboissed into the leather by the throat.....and some stamped by the grip straps "USMC Boyt 43", but none have the Eagle/Globe/and anchor.
                        John G.

Comment

Ww?

Well, I was never sure if it was WWII vintage but do know it's not modern. Way to much genuine patina. It came with a Navy with 1951 carved into the handle which was definatly period done. Both knives from a WWII and Korea vets son. I dont think he expertly added "work of art" patina to both and sold them to me for $25.

Comment

Need pics of the pommel and any and all pins on the side of the pommel, also need a pic of the end of the pommel.

Black plastic spacer at the guard and the "thick" USMC stamp is looking like
                            70's to me. But we need pommel pics....and good ones.

Comment

I know the pics suck. I'll get some more on soon when I'm not scanning through all the threads.....

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X