police sword help any experts out there

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

police sword help any experts out there

I don't have any pics of this sword, looked at in person today... but would like some info on tell tale signs if any on fakes. The maker is paul weyersberg co solingen. The eagle inlay looks like it has been notched out, the guard looks like it is plated and coming off and doesn't look like it fits right. Scabbard is heavily dented and repainted, but the blade looks very good compared to the rest of the sword. The price is right but I'm a little unsure of wether to pull the trigger. Would appreciate any help on determining what to look for on these as I am lost. Not sure if owner will let me take any pics of it.

thanks

mainly the quality of materials gives away the fake police swords , the metals not right (cheap alloys) and poor details . if youve not handled a few , you need to study some of the major dealers sites etc to look at the quality of original . sometimes the scabbord fittings give them away with screws and oversized scabbord throat lip, sometimes poor makers marks , but on most police copies ive seen its poor quality materials .

Comment

took a chance on it and here it is. Not nice but very cheap. Someone got carried away with a rattle can. The grip didn't look right because it was on backwards. Blade is nice. It's defintely been apart before. But for the most part I think it's original.
      Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

def original , nice pickup , pity condition but if price was good then a good pickup

Comment

thanks mustang

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X