No announcement yet.

Comments requested on Govt Dagger.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

and one of the underside of the crossguard.. Lots of dried semichrome.. HAHA
    Attached Files

Comment

Never try to take this model apart.
      Damage can occur very easy on this model.
      Also most sellers will negate a refund if dismanteled - paticularly on this model.

Just send back don't concern yourself of what it's worth "As Is". - Not much

-wagner-

Comment

Thanks for the info..

its going back.. If it was a steal I may keep it but way too much for a parts piece.

Comment

I disagree, that is a textbook Alcoso crossguard, with the crude finish and everything. Eichorn had the smoother style finished crossguard while Alcoso was a much more crude finish. I have had several of these over the years that were right out of the woodwork. I bet if you take that dagger down all of the numbers match inside. I thought the same thing about the crossguard being finished somewhat crude a few years back , until I did some research into it.

Comment

I do agree with Jeff, I have seen this type of poor casting before on Alcosos. I have an Alcoso GO myself which has similar casting flaws, although not quite as bad. As already stated by Wags, don't take it apart tho...

If the price was right, I'd jump on it.

Red

Comment

Alcoso GO's Dagger ...

Yes, this is for sure an original Alcoso crossguard! Many of their castings totally lacked definition! (So who said Germans always made things right!) My example is nearly as crappy!
              Attached Files

Comment

Crossguard

Close-up
                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X