Not sure what I have

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure what I have

I think I have an all original third Reich dress bayonet. It is marked E. Pack and sone Solingen It has what looks like an all original frog marked on the back. the back of the frog has LBA and on the top belt loop on the back is a makers mark that I am having a hard time making out. The maker mark best I can make out is R? O Bo_ze & Sonn Baisooe I am sure that is not exactly what it is but it is the best I can make out. Photos are not perfect but best I can do right now. No waffenampt stamps but I have seen many dress bayonets with out them. Any information and a value would be appreciated.

Looks to be a standard EM dress bayonet with a luftwaffe combat bayonet frog.

Comment

As you may know, there were 2 lengths for these; yours is the LONG version. It's unclear from your photos, but it looks to be in average condition; but as with most collectables, "Condition is everything". Has it been sharpened? Is the blade loose? ( Common on these. ) Any cracks or chips to the grip panels? Is the catch release button stuck or damaged? A "Yes" to any of those, plus the degree, will adversely affect value. These don't have waffenampt stampings because, unlike combat bayonets, they were items of "private purchase" and NOT government issue. For some reason these CAN bring hundreds of dollars - but only with etched blades! I see ones like yours on the E-stand or fleabay in the $100 - $150 range in sound condition and with the frog. ( I just bought an unmarked, sharpened, loose-bladed one missing both scabbard and frog for only $32; it looks fine hanging on my wall! )

Comment

Dagger

Thanks. I picked it up for 65$ OTD. So I did ok. I may sell it, its not really my area. The dealer had a SA dagger for 150 but it had a pc. missin in the wood handle and the SA enamil was missing some glass. A bit of rust also and was rzm marked instead of with the maker. I would have tried to sell it but in this market it is getting hard to sell anything. I used to put things on Craigslist and was mad if I did not have a deal by end of day. Now they sit with out one legit email.

Comment

frog mark

The frog is marked E. O. Golze & sohn Gersdorf Does anyone know anything about this maker?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X