Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS 1196 Maker Question.

Hi,
    okay Ive had a few SA's but with SS Daggers only one. Mainly due to cost. I assume the same holds for them as SA's. The earlier ones are more valuable and desirable, taking into account condition of course. My query is I have a later RZM type maker marked 1196/38 the maker who didnt use the runes on the blade but the letters SS. Are these worth less because of this, are they deemed less collectable. I ask as if so I will sell mine on and try for an earlier or different maker. Mine is in good condition, anyhow I have checked other posts on these but none address the value/desireability question only 'is it real', who is the maker etc.
    cheers Robert
    Attached Files

1196 ss

The makers mark.
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi Robert,

1196 is a still unknown maker.

Can you post a photo from motto?

BTW:

the motto is typical of this maker.

Comment

I have that listed as WKC. I had 2 with that trademark and they both had nickle crossguards and scabbard fitting. Very good fit and quality too

Comment

1196 ss

One motto, actually the blade rates good+
          Attached Files

Comment

1196 ss

Actually I have no doubts its okay I just wanted to know how these rate are they as collectable as other 'normal' SS daggers. Its just that if its always going to be "oh its one of those unknown maker types not for me" I may move it on. I only want one SS if I have to I will sell this one whilst the $AU is high and get a well known maker from the estand. I can get $3800AU for this piece thats about $3400US at the moment. Daggers here fetch good prices but bringing them in is always a hassle.
            cheers Robert
            Attached Files

Comment

Hi Robert.
              Although never proven There is a very good chance that this SS contract was done by Wüsthof.
              http://daggers.infopop.cc/eve/forums...885#1280057885
              www.lakesidetrader.com

sigpic

Comment

I made a purchase of a dagger with the same mark and am convinced that although to day of today still the manufacturer does not know itself, I bought a good piece, I enclose photos to you;

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...194473&page=15

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X