Comment

Attached Files

Comment

last one ...
        Attached Files

Comment

No opinions?

Comment

Try as I might I just don't like this one. I think it's a current high end fake.
            It's not "texbook". Unless you got it from "The Family" if it was me I would pass on it.

1. Motto has non-Krebs type acid etching background.
            2. Logo as mentioned earlier is not in textbook location.
            3. Stag grip shows "white" indicative of being not 65 years old.
            4. The whole hewer doesn't have the "Mint" look to me but the "New Look".

Others may feel different but I will not give any further details of my "suspicions" on this one.
            No P.M's please.

Keep in mind also that this is JMO.

-wagner-

Comment

These images are way too large too determine anything. They need to be downsized showing the whole blade and not just the motto. Also want to see the same with the trademark side.

Comment

Here are some new photos.
                Attached Files

Comment

. .
                  Attached Files

Comment

. . .
                    Attached Files

Comment

. . . . .
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by wags View Post

2. Logo as mentioned earlier is not in textbook location.
                        3. Stag grip shows "white" indicative of being not 65 years old.

I think it is not an argument for a copy if something looks not like beeing 65 years old. Saw items that where 100% original wartime and looked brand new and items that where 65 years old but looked like they were from the year 999

What I want to say is that it is sometimes a quastion of care and keeping.

About the Logo .... which one of the following ones has textbook location?
                        All are from different threads and all became a

And as far as I can see, they all are on a different place.
                        Attached Files

Comment

I like what I see and judging from the niclke plated finish and the fact it is devoid of the dark background highlights on the nickel finish makes this a very late war production item. I had two Minty Eickhorn pieces at the MAX and they were identical. Light colored stag grips and nickel plate finish as on the Krebs. I'd buy it if I were you as I have'nt seen any copies to date made this good.

Comment

Ed May be right on this one. He's owned more Hewers than I have.
                            Since you have opened up the grips I do like the fact that the grip plates are
                            penciled in to the #28 stamped in the grip frame.

Here is one Minty Kregs in my collection showing stamp #17 on Grip frame and penciled #17 on inside Stag grip plate.

Hope you get it for a decent price.

-wagner-

Comment

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X