No announcement yet.

Help with early SA dagger by Gottfried Muller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Value, IMO around £200 max in this condition with the problems this dagger has!

Comment

RK hunter is "generous" IMO.
      If it's retipped it's almost unsaleable but to a "parts guy".

-wagner-

Comment

The blade ix 218mm, is it re tipped? I dont think so?

Originally posted by GaryMJ View Post
        It's a mid 30s dagger with a late 30's RZM scabbard I would think. Also, worth mentioning is that the blade appears to be shortened/re-tipped. Perhaps measure the length to be sure, should be about 220mm long from tip to crossguard.

Red

Comment

The size is within limits, it's usually about 218 to 222mm. The tip does have a peculiar shape tho, looks to be reshaped, but I could be wrong... Do you have a closeup of the tip?

Red

Comment

Originally posted by GaryMJ View Post
            The size is within limits, it's usually about 218 to 222mm. The tip does have a peculiar shape tho, looks to be reshaped, but I could be wrong... Do you have a closeup of the tip?

Red
            I think the blade looks funny too, compared to the one I have got and pics I have seen.

Comment

Retipped, man you dagger guys are picky, maybe its the angle of the images, but I really cant see it? plus blade is 218mm..... Can someone else have some input please?

Comment

Have a good look at the blade shape, especially the tip in post #10 of this thread.
                http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=383318

Comment

Thanks, had a good look and get your point (ha ha) but the length is still 218mm, maybe mine is just a variant style of the point?

At the end of the day it cost me little and i like it a lot as an example.

Interesting its been described as haviing a miss matched scabbard, but I can see why some one may have done that, as the adonised scabbarda are far more attractive than the brown painted ones IMHO.

Comment

Does anybody know what in the world that strange logo is supposed to represent?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X